Finally broke one.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Finally broke one.

Post by Alphahawk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:59 pm

Well it had to happen sooner or later. I broke my Fine Tail Banshee 6' 7'" Area Trout Rod. Completely my fault. When I put the rod in the rod locker after a day of catching crappie the mid section was actually on top of a wiring harness instead of laying flat in the rod box. So I am assuming as I was driving down the road and hitting bumps it was bouncing up and down at the mid point of the rod and it could not take the pressure. I have already inquired as to cost of top section alone. I will replace the section at a later date. Meanwhile I am looking at a budget area trout rod from Japan. I have my eye on the Daiwa Iprimi. It is relatively new and can't find much about it. It has a TVS reel seat....stainless guides with sic inserts.....9 guides on a 6' 5" solid tip rod...I like that. Weight is only 69 grams which is light for a rod this cheap. As a matter of fact the rod weighs 7 grams less than the Banshee with the titanium Torzite guides. I found that interesting. Although the Banshee fished great I always wondered why it only had 7 guides on a 6' 7" solid tip rod. Allsorts had mentioned the same thing about the rod. Anyway the rod sure caught a lot of fish and I really enjoyed using it. The sensitivity in this rod helped me land this catch this past weekend. If anyone has an Iprimi would like to hear your impressions. Here is pic of last crappie catch with rod.

Regards

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Finally broke one.

Post by fishballer06 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Looks like a fun day on the water!

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 pm

Nice finale ! Sorry about the Rod . I think it hurts worse when we know why or how one breaks . Gillchaser

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 am

Well, it went out on a high note.

uljersey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by uljersey » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:50 am

The fishing gods require an occasional sacrificial offering. Sometimes they're happy with a favorite bait way up in a tree, sometimes they want a bit more ...

gillchaser
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by gillchaser » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 am

uljersey wrote:The fishing gods require an occasional sacrificial offering. Sometimes they're happy with a favorite bait way up in a tree, sometimes they want a bit more ...
A Big AMEN to that :) Gillchaser

earthworm77
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by earthworm77 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:19 am

I've Bo Jackson'ed a rod or two in my younger days. Nowadays I am a kinder gentler soul though.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:46 am

Yeah it does hurt. I need to revamp my rod box some way to get the wiring harness out of the way. First time I have ever put one across it in two years of having the boat.

Regards

slime king
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slime king » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:16 am

Pm sent. I have that imprimi solid tip 6'5"

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:07 am

slime king wrote:Pm sent. I have that imprimi solid tip 6'5"
Thanks...but no pm yet. I hope you like it....LOL.

Regards

Bryin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bryin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:27 pm

I have all my rods in cases.... Allen makes a great rod case that will handle up to 7ft rods for $40,,,, cheap protection if you are carrying a $200 rod.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Bryin wrote:I have all my rods in cases.... Allen makes a great rod case that will handle up to 7ft rods for $40,,,, cheap protection if you are carrying a $200 rod.
Yeah I have my rods in two shotgun cases...but this happened in the rod locker on my boat. I was not careful when I put the rod in and I put it over the top of a wiring harness at the top of the rod locker. So when I laid the butt end down the rod snapped. Carrying the case on the boat is just not feasible......nor do I have room. On the boat I keep my rods in the original Rod Sox which has worked out great for protecting the blank from nicks.....vibration and such. While it is no consolation I guess we may all may break one sooner or later. I will eventually buy the top section to replace it.....although it is 140 bucks.....still better than paying the full price.

Regards