**Couple of Okuma 2 piece casting rods SST & Celilo**

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

**Couple of Okuma 2 piece casting rods SST & Celilo**

Post by Cristo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:59 am

okay,

I'm still chucking swimbaits like a knucklehead but haven't had a chance to really get out and do so as much this year especially with the recent month or so of 110+ and for a number of other reasons but anyway I am still trying to get out and fish where I can getting up on the Rim lakes has proven to be worthwhile as it's much much cooler and more enjoyable than this hot dusty Basin of an oven we live in AZ. So I'm on the other side of the spectrum chucking light to ultra light bates for mainly trout and other small specimens like Smallmouth and Largemouth that are willing to play along too. With these two rods I am definitely targeting the trout and I have to say never had an Okuma rod and with these two particular specimens they are super super fun I was super surprised actually cuz I've been riding megabass's satchel forever now. And these are they quite honestly the only two rods in the last I don't know how many years outside of megabass I have purchased or utilized Anyhow with these two I have the 8-footer SST setup with my Brennie with 4 lb P Line cxx Mono and Red BFS Bearings, boy what a fun combination this is mainly from Shore was the point for the length on these rods and definitely proven to be worth it cuz I can get the lighter Bates zipped out with some distance, about the heaviest I go is maybe a quarter ounce for instance throwing a lot of Panther Martins number sixes and some other type of inline Spinners which have been very successful for me I've done really light dough ball Carolina rig style Rigs and been very successful with that too I forget actually how strong cxx mono can be the man Rod is very fun to play fish I haven't had much success on the 7 foot 6 inch Celilo just yet but it has a very very similar action to the SST but the Celilo is rated light and a but shorter as the 8' SST is rated UL and a bit longer. The Celilo has my tricked out Chronarch 51e with 6 lb P-Line cxx mono for just a tad heavier rigs/lures if needed. So if you're like me and can't stand egg beaters these are very nice options in casting configurations if you have questions I can go into some more detail not a whole lot to say other than they're just super fun rods especially for the money although that saying is getting quite cliche I feel the cork up nice and to be honest the cork looks just as good as some of the mega bass rods or other higher-quality rods obviously some specimens are better than the others but the couple I've got are really nice didn't have to do much other than clean the dust off then seal them up with my special sauce the actions to me are really what set these particular rods apart I'm newer to the light trout game so many people are obviously are going to be accustomed to these particular rods. Another big plus obviously they break down to two pieces which makes for toting around quite a bit easier. Overall build I'm really happy everything straight no funkiness to the epoxy or anything like that real seats are stable and sent you up real nice on my to shimano's as discussed. These will also make really fun Lite Bass luer type of rods to the definitely does the trick if you're into casting and want to fish for trout in lighter panfish. Thanms for letting me share hope youball are safe 8-)
Attachments
IMG_20200820_54391.jpg
IMG_20200820_54391.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
IMG_20200820_36495.jpg
IMG_20200820_36495.jpg (43.65 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
IMG_20200820_15454.jpg
IMG_20200820_15454.jpg (58.64 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
IMG_20200820_5032.jpg
IMG_20200820_5032.jpg (65.56 KiB) Viewed 2344 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: **Couple of Okuma 2 piece casting rods SST & Celilo**

Post by Cristo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:04 am

Sorry about some of the errors in my diction as I was utilizing my talk text obviously some of the words didn't translate as well so my apologies if some of this sounds really horrible...

I also wanted to mention that both of these rods are super Super Rad throwing the Lucky Craft pointer 65SP and any variation! I have been throwing the regular, diving deep diving and extra deep diving both rods absolutely outstanding for chucking out far and retrieving effectively 8-) also very acceptable to bigger trout!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:10 am

Quick shot of the Okuma is with the remaining megabass rods I have in my stable, to roughly show a quality comparison if you will, of course all this is very subjective but at glance they look pretty damn nice next to the prominently positioned OG WP :P
Attachments
IMG_20200820_1387.jpg
IMG_20200820_1387.jpg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 2338 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed May 05, 2021 5:05 pm

The Okuma SST got a new partner. CT Steez \:D/ Nothing necessarily new just excited as out-of-the-box this thing is ridiculous again I'm always late to the party I think that's a known commodity at this point =P~ For reference I am tossing 1/4oz inline on 4lb P-Line CXX mono.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully if she can throw the 3 in Senko weightless on a 1/0 EWG I think I'll be in super Happy Land :big grin:
Attachments
IMG_20210505_8417.jpg
IMG_20210505_8417.jpg (80.63 KiB) Viewed 1862 times
IMG_20210505_47319.jpg
IMG_20210505_47319.jpg (92.18 KiB) Viewed 1862 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:33 am

Okay so big thanks to our resident Hobie-Wan Kenobie for putting me over the edge on the Sagisi Customs "drag clicker kit" from another resident in Sagisi Customs! Looks like I snagged one of the last ones at least for this batch for my newly procured 20' Daiwa Alphas Air TW also from a resident of TT 8-) it is all circular see :lol:

I look forward to dropping the kit in but I'm waiting on a package from my dude Akira Kato and Hedgehog Studio to really do this reel up proper.

She will be mounted on the Okuma SST replacing the Steez CT. Backyard pool testing results were inticing for throwing my lightest rig in the 3" senko with a 1/0 Gamakatsu EWG(for many this is probablystill heavy, subjectivity again). Payload is still the trusty 4lb P-Line CXX mono. I look forward to getting out to a local pond or my River to release zip this rig out and test it out out of the box and as per Hobie-Wan Kenobie this should be another rad Daiwa platform out of the box. I definitely know this thing will zip out my constants and consistently thrown #4 and #6 inline spinners 8-)

Big thanks to Ryan as I look forward to this finally machined and thought out clicker kit, also side note he quickly lazer engraved a bottle opener for a super cool throw in.

Thanks again to Hobie-Wan Kenobie for all the fine YouTube content in regards to BFS fishing! Great assets to have here on Tackletour for sure!
Attachments
IMG_20210629_36920.jpg
IMG_20210629_36920.jpg (93.83 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
IMG_20210629_21896.jpg
IMG_20210629_21896.jpg (73.28 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
IMG_20210629_59864.jpg
IMG_20210629_59864.jpg (87.59 KiB) Viewed 1629 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:07 am

Well I am super psyched as the bone stock 20' Daiwa Alphas Air TW absolutely sends the weightless 3" senko and 1/0 EWG down range! Got out between errands before it is too hot, hit a local community lake for some cast testing. This reel is nuts, it performs way better that my old '12 OG Aldebaran BFS XG which was my main "be all" BFS reel back awhile ago.

The Air TW is just that sweet especially with the much better magnetic braking. The 12' OG Aldebaran BFS XG was no slouch(loved that Core fit style too) but I felt you had to be connected with my thumb often times, but the set and basically forget magnetics are way t*tries on this Air TW.

Bone stock for those looking this is SWEET! I may be getting another one I like the reel that much!

Paired with the 8' Okuma SST is lights out as a shore catapult but now I needed a shorter flick/pitching stick for CQC river duty.