Daiwa Presso 21

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Presso 21

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Looks like daiwa is coming out with a new JDM presso reel soon. Anyone else see this? Thoughts? Was planning on picking up a cardiff c14 or luvias airity FC but may wait for this, falls right between the 2 price wise.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Presso 21

Post by Canga- » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:33 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:08 pm
Looks like daiwa is coming out with a new JDM presso reel soon. Anyone else see this? Thoughts? Was planning on picking up a cardiff c14 or luvias airity FC but may wait for this, falls right between the 2 price wise.
i have been looking at the presso as well, i bought a luvias airity last winter and i love that reel, so light and smooth (i have the 2000p) matches up with the megabass destroyer p5 baby plugging amazingly. i would get another airity no question, though the zaion MQ reels do intrigue me some, i will probably pick up a ballistic MQ when they come out to try them out.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am

Canga- wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:33 pm
Firstoutfisher wrote:
i have been looking at the presso as well, i bought a luvias airity last winter and i love that reel, so light and smooth (i have the 2000p) matches up with the megabass destroyer p5 baby plugging amazingly. i would get another airity no question, though the zaion MQ reels do intrigue me some, i will probably pick up a ballistic MQ when they come out to try them out.
Isn't the ballistic MQ the exact same reel as a tatula LT except with magseal? For ultra finesse applications I don't like magseal reels.They don't seem to be as smooth and require more startup inertia.

Alphahawk
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Alphahawk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 pm

Had one on pre-order for a while but release date has been delayed. Pretty sure the 21 Presso is made in China. I am curious to see how it performs with the oil filled bearings. Just hoping it is equal to or better than the 2017 Presso I have. Will do review on my YouTube channel when it comes in.

Regards

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 am

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am
Canga- wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Isn't the ballistic MQ the exact same reel as a tatula LT except with magseal? For ultra finesse applications I don't like magseal reels.They don't seem to be as smooth and require more startup inertia.
The Ballistic LT was essentially the same reel with a few extras, the Ballistic MQ has just come out or close to being on sale and it has a totally different frame. My issue with the Ballistic models (new MQ and older LT like the Tatula) is that they do not have a smaller size with a faster ratio. If you want a 6 ratio, the line capacity is that of a light inshore reel. The reels are still light and fairly compact, just hellacious deep spools on the 2500XH models.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:54 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 am
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Canga- wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:
The Ballistic LT was essentially the same reel with a few extras, the Ballistic MQ has just come out or close to being on sale and it has a totally different frame. My issue with the Ballistic models (new MQ and older LT like the Tatula) is that they do not have a smaller size with a faster ratio. If you want a 6 ratio, the line capacity is that of a light inshore reel. The reels are still light and fairly compact, just hellacious deep spools on the 2500XH models.

yup the mq is completely new, introduced at icasat and not out yet, with the mq frame. the older ballistic lt was basically a tatula with magseal. it actually excites me that the ballistic is available in a 2500 deep spool with a 5.x:1 ratio, i much prefer a slower reel and most reels in the US are 6:1. hopefully they come out soon!

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Canga- wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:54 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:14 am
Firstoutfisher wrote:
Canga- wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:

yup the mq is completely new, introduced at icasat and not out yet, with the mq frame. the older ballistic lt was basically a tatula with magseal. it actually excites me that the ballistic is available in a 2500 deep spool with a 5.x:1 ratio, i much prefer a slower reel and most reels in the US are 6:1. hopefully they come out soon!
Oh, I didnt realize that. I wonder if they will make the new ballistic in a 1000s configuration. Anyway, looking forward to seeing how the new PRESSO performs. Would be nice to have a new more affordable higher end trout reel.