Jackal T connection Rods

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Jackal T connection Rods

Post by Firstoutfisher » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:59 am

Has anyone used the tconnection series by jackal? The tconnection stream series rods with the full cork grip have got to be some of the prettiest UL rods I have ever seen. I told myself I was going to keep my next UL rod purchase under $300 but I have some serious gas for one of those tconnection rods paired with the new daiwa presso or another luvias airity or stella. :laugh1: The funny part is I've been looking to get into BFS and while looking for BFS rods I somehow found another spinning rod I want. :-k

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Jackal T connection Rods

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:59 pm

So no responses to this thread and seemingly no interest. The jackall T connection stream rods are not very popular and hard to source. However I managed to find a good deal on the 5'6 UL model. I have it on the way along with a tenryu rayz 410UL. Part of me feels like I should have just got one of the longer more powerful versions for fishing larger rivers/lakes. 5'6 is not quite short enough for me to consider it a short rod but also not long enough to be a big river rod.

Anyway for around $300 an ultralight rod with TI/Torzite guides and presumably made in japan(not sure on this) seemed like the right price and my curiosity got the best of me. I am hoping the blank is a higher end shimano blank. Jackall describes the rod as being designed with the tricoroll series of baits in mind. So looks like I am going to have order some of those as well. Between these and the Stella I ordered I should have enough toys to occupy me for a while.

Siggywiggy
Angler
Angler

Post by Siggywiggy » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:22 am

I bought the TS-S65L model 2 months ago and Im in love with it.The action is sharp and on the fast side in the tip but still enough give in the back. Works great for twitching and also lighter jerkbaits up to 6-7g.

I would personally prefer a bit larger guides because I also fish for trout in sub freezing temperatures but the power and the bend in the blank is just glorious. There is quite a bit of power - my largest landed brown trout is 2,1kg and the rod will bend smoothly down to the handle but still maintains control.

Throw weight 3-10g is accurate and it loads perfectly with 3g lures, 2,5g marabou jigs will still fly quite enough.

Sensitivity wise I hink my Megabass Whip Twitch is more sensitive as I can sense the fish turning away from the lure underwater.

Build quality is immaculate and the reel foot fixing nut will completely hide all the threads. For the price I couldn tbe happier with the rod. Sometimes I wonder if the NRX+ would be an upgrade?

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:07 pm

Siggywiggy wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:22 am
I bought the TS-S65L model 2 months ago and Im in love with it.The action is sharp and on the fast side in the tip but still enough give in the back. Works great for twitching and also lighter jerkbaits up to 6-7g.

I would personally prefer a bit larger guides because I also fish for trout in sub freezing temperatures but the power and the bend in the blank is just glorious. There is quite a bit of power - my largest landed brown trout is 2,1kg and the rod will bend smoothly down to the handle but still maintains control.

Throw weight 3-10g is accurate and it loads perfectly with 3g lures, 2,5g marabou jigs will still fly quite enough.

Sensitivity wise I hink my Megabass Whip Twitch is more sensitive as I can sense the fish turning away from the lure underwater.

Build quality is immaculate and the reel foot fixing nut will completely hide all the threads. For the price I couldn't be happier with the rod. Sometimes I wonder if the NRX+ would be an upgrade?
Good to hear some feedback from someone else on here. The 5'6 UL is rated 3-7G, I imagine if you are able to cast 2.5g on the light model I should have more low end with the UL. I also briefly owned a great hunting rod but unfortunately never fished it. Wish I still had that rod. What reel do you have paired with yours? Can't decide If I am going to put the stella on this or the rayz.

Siggywiggy
Angler
Angler

Post by Siggywiggy » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:50 am

I have Shimano Stradic Ci4+ 2500 on mine, I prefer larger reels and nowadays when targeting larger fish also rods with a bit more power.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:16 pm

Finally got to use the rod,castability is insane effortless and accurate casting compared to my daiwa. Was having a huge issue hooking up today but sure if that is the rod or the hooks on the lures I was using. Might be because I wasnt setting the hook hard enough since Im used to a faster more powerful rod.