Ultralight Varivas braid.

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Ultralight Varivas braid.

Post by Finesse Angler » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:55 am

Just ordered a Luvias Airity and an slp 2000ss spool. Was wondering what are some suggestions in the varivas range of pe?

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Ultralight Varivas braid.

Post by Senkobass1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:57 am

Depends on the fish species but for trout I’ve been using the Infinity PE x8 or the Avani Super Finesse. They are the same line but the Avani comes in 150m spools and is white. The Infinity X8 is only 75m and is smoke/orange in color. The braid they make for finesse fishing is second to none and I’m getting 20-30 more feet per cast than anybody else using other braids/mono. I believe I use the 0.2 and 0.3 sizes

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:22 am

Finesse Angler wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:55 am
Just ordered a Luvias Airity and an slp 2000ss spool. Was wondering what are some suggestions in the varivas range of pe?
Which model Airity did you get?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:21 pm

The Infinity 8x is super slick and will get you a few more precious feet if shore fishing.

I do think for me it is nicer to use their mid grade offerings, as I use BFS gear. I don't get the benefits of the super high end stuff. I know people praise it for spinning gear. The Avani is great and is more economical. Worth it if you don't need that little bit of extra distance. If fishing stocked "area" type ponds, definitely worth it to get that needed distance.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Thank you for the replies, sorry for the late response long day at work. I got the fc Lt 2000sp. Will be using it in ponds mostly for panfish and small bass on a major craft msx 6’4” ul. If I can get back down to broken bow I’ll be fishing for trout on a daiwa wise stream, but frankly I’ll probably use sunline troutist darkness on the stock spool for that. The avani seems to perk my interest. Love bright color lines but I think the white would look good on it as well as hopefully perform phenomenally.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Finesse Angler wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:05 pm
Thank you for the replies, sorry for the late response long day at work. I got the fc Lt 2000sp. Will be using it in ponds mostly for panfish and small bass on a major craft msx 6’4” ul. If I can get back down to broken bow I’ll be fishing for trout on a daiwa wise stream, but frankly I’ll probably use sunline troutist darkness on the stock spool for that. The avani seems to perk my interest. Love bright color lines but I think the white would look good on it as well as hopefully perform phenomenally.
I like brighter braids most time because I use a leader most times. Being able to see your line helps with casting and bite detection.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:14 pm

I typically always have a leader on unless I break off and don’t want to retie one. I definitely prefer brighter braid however I feel the 75m of thin braid probably won’t fill the spool enough and may affect casting distance having too much gap a the spool lip. The 2000ss spool specs .4 pe at 130m.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Could always have your current line be backing. 75m of Infinity 8x doesn't take much room on the spool.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:18 pm

That is very true. I always forget that. I usually use just a couple wraps of backing then fill with braid. At the end of the year I’ll spool it onto another similar sized reel and use the other end as fresh braid with a leader pre-tied lol. That complicates the decision man.

Senkobass1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Senkobass1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:01 pm

I use 2lb izorline or any cheap mono to back my spool. I use a Vanquish C2000S and even with the 150m spool, I still have to use quite a bit of backing. On my 1000sss, the 75m infinity X8 fits much better but still needs backing.

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Winstondry » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:32 pm

I asked as I just ordered and received a 21 FC LT2500SXH today.

ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ras » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Perhaps it would help the OP to know that SW Finesse and Infinity run thicker than most PE lines in the same PE number. With that said, they are excellent lines.