High quality ul hardbait rod

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
ras
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: High quality ul hardbait rod

Post by ras » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:06 pm

I'd recommend checking out 21 Bellezza Prototype 582SUL-T. I know Olympic positions it as an area trout rod, but it has little in common with the other area rods that I own – very composed and "steely", with a relatively hard tip, considering its SUL rating. It works topwater micro cranks exceptionally well: Tackle House Elfin Micro Cicada, Bassday Kobun, Cardiff Fuwatoro Top, Presso Wobble 40F, to name a few.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:41 pm

Figured I’d update anyone curious as to the route I went. After finally choosing a rod and getting a moment to fish it, although no catches as of yet. I went with a tenryu lunakia 6-10 model. I’ve found that it no only meats my soft plastics need but is actually quite the rod for small hard bait lures within the casting range. I threw a jackall Timon chibi tap dancer as well as a lucky craft skt tiny mr. Actually kind of surprised nobody recommended it for this purpose.

I found that the rod not only handles these smaller hard baits really well but also gives plenty of feedback on what they’re doing. Being able to tell if your crank bait is bumping wood, rock or bottom rather than just structure is general is nice. Currently fishing with braid to mono leader but looking to maybe try straight through fluorocarbon.

Lastly if you want to cast out curl tail grubs and micro paddle tails then this is your rod. You can actually feel the drag of a curl tail on retrieve unlike on my ms-x. Great cast and retrieve rod not just jigging off the bottom.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:18 pm

I've been looking at that rod. It seems fairly sensitive.
Please give us more details as you fish it some more.
I may pick one up this year.
Also might pick up a major craft finetail stream rod.
Or a tenryu rays spectra.