What are your go to snaps, split rings and replacement hooks (both treble and single)

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

What are your go to snaps, split rings and replacement hooks (both treble and single)

Post by oops » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:28 pm

Picked up some Pointer 48SPs recently and was surprised that the little #12 hooks look to be rather mediocre quality in relation to 65 and 78 sizes. I have Megabass Katsuage treble hooks on my 78s and size 4 Owner inline single hooks on my 65s. I do have size 6 inline single hooks but they look a bit big relative to the hooks they'd be replacing. Looking for both treble and single hook options.

I've never been much of a snap user but I'd like to do a little more UL hardbait fishing, so it seems like a good time to learn what's out there and what size I should be using with 3-8lb braid to 2-6lb fluoro leader. I have some aliexpress size 00 and 000 snaps but I'm honestly sorta afraid to use them out of fear of losing lures/fish.

Split rings I'm just as clueless as snaps, so I'm curious what brands/sizes I should be looking at for the typical UL 40 to 80mm hardbaits and spoons/spinners in the 1 to 5gram range

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: What are your go to snaps, split rings and replacement hooks (both treble and single)

Post by slipperybob » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:28 pm

I mostly use VMC duo-loc snaps and split rings as since those are easy for me to find locally sizes typically 00 or 0. I still like Spro #10 swivels. Yea, VMC snap on a Spro swivel works for me. Use that on my ice fishing rigs too.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish