Replacement hooks for Rapala Ultralight Minnow

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
d510addict
Angler
Angler

Replacement hooks for Rapala Ultralight Minnow

Post by d510addict » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:28 am

All,
What do you recommend for single inline hooks (brand and size) for the Rapala ULM04RT?

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Replacement hooks for Rapala Ultralight Minnow

Post by slipperybob » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:16 pm

If I had to get a hook I like and it doesn't have the right 90 degree eyelet, I just add another split ring into the mix. I already do so for some lures just to extend the treble movement, even via a split ring swivel split ring chain too. I've also found that the hook doesn't need to sit 90 degree in the correct position to hook up with fish. An offset hook actual has a better hook up ratio in my experience as to also snagging far more structural things. ](*,) at times.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

d510addict
Angler
Angler

Post by d510addict » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:46 pm

That would make sense with crank baits, or plugs like Quikfish/Wiggle Worts/Hot Shots. I'm not sure how that extra hook mobility would work for Jerk Baits. The random action might end up fouling hooks more than fishing.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:52 am

Decoy Pluggin Single27 in the size of your choice.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:05 am

If running two hooks, I like a #10 Owner Cultiva. If running a single rear hook with no front hook, I step it up to a #8. A pair of #8s do fit and work, but I find the hooks cross and get stuck when fishing current.