Are there any upgrades/changes I can make to a Daiwa Luna 203 to make it close to BFS?

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
raindance
Angler
Angler

Are there any upgrades/changes I can make to a Daiwa Luna 203 to make it close to BFS?

Post by raindance » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:35 am

I received a Daiwa Luna 203, but I can't seem to find any BFS spools available for it, or my searching skills are just bad. Any one went down this route? Or even just to make it "almost" BFS. I am planning to use this on light lures in estuarys and salt water.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Are there any upgrades/changes I can make to a Daiwa Luna 203 to make it close to BFS?

Post by dragon1 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:27 pm

raindance wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:35 am
I received a Daiwa Luna 203, but I can't seem to find any BFS spools available for it, or my searching skills are just bad. Any one went down this route? Or even just to make it "almost" BFS. I am planning to use this on light lures in estuarys and salt water.
Unfortunately I have never even seen a 200 sized Daiwa BFS spool, by anyone, including recent aftermarket player DIY/Rays.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."