Fiberglass BFS Trout Rods

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Fiberglass BFS Trout Rods

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:59 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:50 am
I have posted photos of my two glass rods from Resilure elsewhere on this forum.
I have never held or seen any rod that comes close to his rods in fit, finish, and sheer beauty - that includes any rod I have ever seen on TT.
Works of art that are fantastic to fish with.

….If Bamboozle wants something made in EU.
Post them again here, I hate doing a search and we are talking about fiberglass anyway. I've looked at his work in the past and you are right, amazing and unique rods. What is the estimated timeframe from order to door and ballpark price?

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:39 am

Here is one of them - made for the Alphas Air Stream Custom.
Attachments
0364E2BF-4271-4CA7-9F44-C82E33D715AA.jpeg
0364E2BF-4271-4CA7-9F44-C82E33D715AA.jpeg (75.04 KiB) Viewed 1869 times

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:47 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:59 am
Dalleinf wrote:
I have posted photos of my two glass rods from Resilure elsewhere on this forum.
I have never held or seen any rod that comes close to his rods in fit, finish, and sheer beauty - that includes any rod I have ever seen on TT.

Post them again here, I hate doing a search and we are talking about fiberglass anyway. I've looked at his work in the past and you are right, amazing and unique rods. What is the estimated timeframe from order to door and ballpark price?
It has been a while since I made an order, and I expect Darren has gotten more busy.
I recall about 3 months from order to door. I also recall a promise not to give details about his prices, so you will have to contact him for that. I can say that his rods are among my most expensive rods - not including my best Scott and Loomis fly rods, which are more expensive. I am not going to pay premium prices for factory made rods again when I can get his rods instead...

Bamboozle
Angler
Angler

Post by Bamboozle » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:13 am

Dalleinf wrote:

I was emailing Darren about his rods and blank options and he only had two 2-piece rod blanks available to him (I want a 2 piece rod) but when I inquired as to the COO on the blanks, he never gave me an answer which leads me to suspect the rod may be built in the EU but the blanks come from somewhere else.

Does anyone know for sure the COO of the Resilure blanks?

Another question as I am in the US, what might I expect to pay in freight from the UK? I purchase many items from the UK but nothing that will end up being close to a meter in length when packaged.

I am also exploring a custom option using a custom rolled blank built by a US based builder with a reelseat similar to the one on my Tenryu Rayz Spectra RZS51LL-BC. I really like that reelseat and the overall fit & finish of that rod, I just want something shorter and softer.

Thanks all,I really appreciate the responses & suggestions so far!!