Tsurinoya Dexterity Ⅱ C722UL

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tsurinoya Dexterity Ⅱ C722UL

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:29 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:25 pm
LowRange wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:49 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:34 am
jvelth74 wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:44 pm
I'm planning to order Tsurinoya Dexterity Ⅱ C722UL, because it has perfect dimension of 114 cm of closed length. But is it good caster? I think that's some kind of Ajing rod and I think it might be pretty similar than Kuying Superlite SAC762S, but slightly shorten and lighter? How Dexterity II will cast ~4 grams, is it good caster in it's length?
What is an Ajing rod? I have seen a few other Aliexpress rods with that title.
Some sort of saltwater lure rod with soild carbon tips and good power to hook fish. There is some bottom dweling shore accessible fish they are used for casting and working tiny jigs. In freshwater they seem more appropriate for casting crappie jigs.
That last part is what I was looking for, what is the US freshwater application. I would like to try one eventually. Been fishing heavier, 3.5g or 1/8oz heads and catching less bream/panfish/crappie. I feel like something about the fall rate with a 1/16 or less helps. Don't really have a setup for 1/16 or less.
I think an "ajing' rod in either casting or spinning might be what you want. Like mentioned the solid carbon tips make hooksets on bass difficult but the paper mouths of crappie are just fine. I have a solid carbon tip BFS rod that is a werdio. It has that ajing rod like solid tip but completely shuts off after the 1st guide. I always screw up my 1st hookset when using it and the bass gets off. I don't set hard enough to load the rod and that super flexible solid tip just wiggles and fails to drive even a drop shot hook home. Once I adjust its fine. Its definitely not a rod for baits with weed guards or hook points buried in plastic.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm

LowRange wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:29 am
I think an "ajing' rod in either casting or spinning might be what you want.
Read some articles and looked some videos. Obviously Ajing Fishing doesn't mean nothing but Horse Mackerel fishing, and it is usually fished with small or micro jigs. You are correct, Ajing has nothing to do with baitcasting. Most common it's used spinning gear in Ajing Fishing, like in any UL fishing. But nowadays there's huge fans of UL baitcasting fishing and because of that some people uses baitcasters also in Ajing fishing.

Ajing fishing has become popular around Asia and Australia, with regardless are there Horse mackerel or not. Obviously it's popular fishing style also in UK. Ajing Fishing and Light Rock Fishing basically means same thing.

So Ajing Fishing is lightest game fishing, and it's very light ocean jigging. Rod's are quite long and those casts light jigs pretty far. Because of target fishes are really light and those kicks like crazy when they are running, rods must be fast action and soft tip. As I understand those target fishes are not hard to get hooked, but those are really hard to get landed with those light gear.

I don't know are all Ajing rods solid tip, but pretty much they obviously are. As my experience, Ajing rods usually are pretty enjoyable rods for Perch, like Kuying Superlite Ajing 762:
Kuying Superlites.jpg
Kuying Superlites.jpg (71.38 KiB) Viewed 3523 times
Actually I have 2 of them. SAC762S & SAC862MH.

SAC762S is solid tip, and it's excellent boat rod for perch, when casting ~4 g inline spinners (or light jigging). Perch has soft mouth and sensitive and light action rods are good for them and also good casting distance is a benefit.

Also SAC862MH is Ajing rod acc. to Kuying, but in my opinion it's actually not. It's hollow top, and it's not Fast Action, it's Moderate Action. It's good boat rod for lightest Pike fishing and in my opinion also Ok for lightest seatrout fishing. (It might also work for jigging for Zander - in my opinion it has enough hooking power.) But thinking that 862 as a Ajing rod, maybe - for a record size Horse Mackerel. :D

Article of Ajing Fishing:
https://www.fishing.net.nz/fishing-advi ... -fishing/

This is Ajing fishing in somewhere in Asia. (No Horse Mackerels caught):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U56XiY0sAZM
Last edited by jvelth74 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:51 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm

Also SAC868MH is Ajing rod acc. to Kuying, but in my opinion it's actually not. It's hollow top, and it's not Fast Action, it's Moderate Action. It's good boat rod for lightest Pike fishing and in my opinion also Ok for lightest seatrout fishing. (It might also work for jigging for Zander - in my opinion it has enough hooking power.) But thinking that 868 as a Ajing rod, maybe - for a record size Horse Mackerel. :D
What a coincidence - I am currently looking into what 8‘+ Kuying rod to get. Some more thoughts on the MH are highly appreciated. Do you think it’s unstable for:
Perch, Carolina / dropshot with 5-10g maybe even 14g weights and 2-3“ plastics like keitech SI or OSP shrimp? I usually like my rods a bit stronger than needed, my preferred perch rod for example is the Kuying Cnqueror 68ml/bf for the same lure range as above. The tip could be a little bit softer, but I like the power when a big one hits or a pike says hi.
Oh and also what do you think about it’s sensitivity. I have some spots that are way out there I need to fish full casting distance.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:28 pm

Kuying SAC862MH is a good caster, not excellent, but good. For a perch, this SAC862 is a rod for big perch. For standard size perch shorter one, with soft solid tip, is much better. Also Moderate Fast action of this SAC868 cuts some sensitivity for sure. Heaviest so far I have casted with it was little Buster Jerk:
Small Buster Jerk.jpg
Small Buster Jerk.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 3483 times
Weighting 23,5 g it was too much for rod, but anyhow rod threw it actually far and accurate, just casting half power. Actually enjoyable light pike setup with Alphas ct. For 4 g or less I haven't tested much, but 4 - 15 g it's good, and 23,5 g is perfect castable, with half power. It is backboned enough despite of Moderate Fast action.
There is Youtube reviews and casting videos of that rod:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... e+SAC862MH
Last edited by jvelth74 on Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 am

I made some racks. I'm going to make a bending videos of my light rods, to show action of these. Hoping in a near future.
Tested Kuying Superlite Ajing 762:
Beginning.jpg
Beginning.jpg (15.08 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Tip bends.jpg
Tip bends.jpg (14.67 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Tip fully bent.jpg
Tip fully bent.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Bottom starts to bend.jpg
Bottom starts to bend.jpg (13.65 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Full pull.jpg
Full pull.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 3316 times
Full Pull was 950 g.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:27 am

Tested Kuying Superlite Ajing 862:
In the beginning.jpg
In the beginning.jpg (14.22 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Tip starts to bend.jpg
Tip starts to bend.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Mid section starts to be bend.jpg
Mid section starts to be bend.jpg (15.48 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Bottom section starts to bend.jpg
Bottom section starts to bend.jpg (14.26 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Full Pull.jpg
Full Pull.jpg (18.16 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Full Pull was 1700 g

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:42 am

Looking good, you might have sold me on that one! Do you recall how much weight you had on the 862 in the 2nd & 3rd picture?

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:23 am

I didn't measured that. Measured only pull in rod's maximum. But I try to measure also pulls by different bends...

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:13 am

Tested quickly Tsurinoya Dexterity II C632UL. It was after sunset and temperature was sub 0 and I wasn’t having clear casting area. So there was challenges in testing. And moreover to that I was using 0.25 mm Nylon (I don’t like nylon lines, but in freezing conditions those are the only choise). And this was the first casts after winter break. But I didn’t got any birdnest, which is good! I tested weights 2.6 g , 3.5 g, 5.1 g, 6.9 g and 10.4 g. Rod handled goodly most of them. 10.4 g is over rod rating, but it didn’t have any issue in casting of it, but I wouldn’t cast that with full power. 6.9 g or 5.1 g was the best weight for this rod. With 2.6 g I had a little issues to load rod and also in targeting. But that might be issue result from hard circumstances. It might be different story with braided line and good day light and free casting. Rod rating is ridiculously wide. It's 0.8 - 8 g. I quess with 1 g is pretty impossible to get rod loaded. It's said this is Fast action. Might be, but I would say it's Mod-Fast. Fish I didn't get, because I was casting just weights, but I'm confident that this rod has nice action with 1 - 2 kg Rainbow Trouts, because it's soft enough action, and probably also for smaller Perchs, because it's fast enough action.

----------

Tested it again. Now it wasn't freezing conditions but it was strong winds. First casting towards wind. Rod action is good 3.5 g and 6.9 g. Then trying underhand pitching. It leads minor backlash (it would be minor if braided line used), but it appeared just hardly to be clarified...
Then casting downwind. Firstly I tested 3.5 g full cast. Spool emtied, 45 m of 0.25 mm line. Soon after couple of casts wind catch my line and it got tangled to some branches. I pulled my line to break. Line got tangled to spool that bad I never managed to find end of it and I must use knife to get it clear. But hoping that freezing conditions are over and braided lines can be used.

But this Dexterity II C632UL seems pretty good caster! ...If there is free casting spot.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:39 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:28 pm
Kuying SAC862MH is a good caster, not excellent, but good. For a perch, this SAC862 is a rod for big perch. For standard size perch shorter one, with soft solid tip, is much better.
I'm replying to my old post, but both 762 and 862 really good perch rods. I got perch of 570 g with 762. 862 Would have been better for that fish. But it depends more on what to cast.