Kuying Battle Song C682L

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Kuying Battle Song C682L

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:25 am

I began to hesitate is Tsurinoya Dexterity C632UL enough good caster: http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=89121 and therefore decided to order more backbone, faster action and slightly heavier rating rod. I was thinking between Tsurinoya Elite III C682L and Kuying Battle Song C682L, which I consider quite similar rods. Mainly because BCSG Fishing said on video that Elite might not be worth of price tag:
I decided to buy cheaper Battle Song C682L, and hoping it is worth of money.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Kuying Battle Song C682L

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:59 am

I've been eying this rod for a while as a cheap Majorcraft BFS light powered rod option. Just not convinced it will have as much power down deep in the rod as a Majorcraft BFS. My Volkey BFS completely shut off from the 1st guide to the butt.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:10 am

I also had a 1st gen Elite UL and a Vokey BFS UL. The 1st gen Elite rods were copycats of the Volkey BFS. They were very much a BFS rod with soft tips and good backbone. They are definitely not trout rods though. I actually got my Volkey BFS UL used like new because it was bought new by someone expecting a softer more traditional UL rod. I broke my Elite UL on a hookset and then bought my two Volkey BFS rods later. I ended up hardly using the UL preferring the L for my use case and sold it to a member here. Its got a nice soft tip for a bass rod but still had good power to control a fish. Fun rods. I do suspect that if you are looking for your average stream type rod then the new Elite may not be for you if it is still a BFS type rod like the original.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 am

LowRange wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:59 am
I've been eying this rod for a while as a cheap Majorcraft BFS light powered rod option. Just not convinced it will have as much power down deep in the rod as a Majorcraft BFS. My Volkey BFS completely shut off from the 1st guide to the butt.
I guess that you are correct. One aftermarket seller stated that Battle Song is a stream fishing trout rod, with a more backbone and slightly heavier rating than Kuying Teton's :D (I don't fully believe him, but I think there is some truth as well.) But gap from BFS bass rod to stream trout rod is pretty huge anyway.

Tsurinoya Elite properties:
Tusrinoya Elite.jpg
Tusrinoya Elite.jpg (8.9 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
And Kuying Battle Song properties:
Kuying BS.jpg
Kuying BS.jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Elite has taper 9.9 / 1.6 = 6.2:1
Battle Song has taper 11.5 / 1.6 = 7.2:1

=> Obviously Kuying battle Song is some more backbone / Faster Action than Tsurinoya Elite, which is also stated Fast Action rod.

(Ok, LowRange wrote new message when I was editing my message.) Yes, calculated taper certainly doesn't tell all of how rod bends. It's more than just calculated taper. For example carbon X-wraps have huge effect to rod action.

Here's some pictures of Kuying Battle Song C682L, fish on:
rsz_2kuying_bs1.jpg
rsz_2kuying_bs1.jpg (42.32 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
rsz_kuying_bs2.jpg
rsz_kuying_bs2.jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
rsz_kuying_bs3.jpg
rsz_kuying_bs3.jpg (71.61 KiB) Viewed 1497 times

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:36 am

It seems like seller has horrible difficulties in shipping the rod. First order hi didn't send and my order cancelled so I ordered again and it's much likely hi still won't send it...I'm pretty disappointed for using my time to search rod and waiting for a weeks and still hi don't send it....

After all I'm thinking not to order Kuying at all, but maybe instead of it Tsurinoya Sagacity C652UL, because so far I have liked Tsurinoya rod's more than Kuying (but Battle Song C682L might be good). What do you think might Sagacity be too fast action for trout and therefore just uncomfortable (and bad for Trout)?