Lew's Has Come Out With An Actual BFS Baitcast Reel

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Ghost
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Death Valley, CA 90210-->Now via Indiana

Lew's Has Come Out With An Actual BFS Baitcast Reel

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 pm

Saw it on TW, looks promising but...EXPENSIVE. More than the Curado BFS. Not sure the frame material, I rather guess it's a composite or graphite something or other. It's not the shallow spool skipping/pitching baitcast that came out last year. It also has centrifugal braking.

I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get an Aldeberan BFS, which has been tried and true top end BFS reel.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lew's Has Come Out With An Actual BFS Baitcast Reel

Post by John G » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:51 am

Ghost wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 pm

I'd rather spend a few more dollars and get an Aldeberan BFS, which has been tried and true top end BFS reel.
At the moment, this Lew's BFS reel is $39.20 more expensive than the Aldebaran BFS XG is from Digitaka. :lol:
My $39.20 does include a 7% Florida sales tax.

Carlos Carrapiço
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lew's Has Come Out With An Actual BFS Baitcast Reel

Post by Carlos Carrapiço » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:48 am

Ghost wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 pm
Saw it on TW, looks promising but...EXPENSIVE. More than the Curado BFS. Not sure the frame material, I rather guess it's a composite or graphite something or other. It's not the shallow spool skipping/pitching baitcast that came out last year. It also has centrifugal braking.

To get the right value, it is better to compare it with the same reel but branded Abu isn't?