New SLP Millionaire

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New SLP Millionaire

Post by SSS » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:29 am

The thing that interests me the most is that ported titanium handle bolt/nut :laugh1: If you can order them through Plat, i am ordering a couple for my OG steezs.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:06 pm

SSS wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:29 am
The thing that interests me the most is that ported titanium handle bolt/nut :laugh1: If you can order them through Plat, i am ordering a couple for my OG steezs.
No doubt, best thing about this reel.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:45 am

Love round reels, assuming this one doesn't have the clicking drag though? Also I like the ported center nut everyone is talking about, but the handle is kind of odd for me. Really hoping Daiwa doesn't abandon round reels, would love to see a new Ryoga or an updated Millionaire...

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:33 am

Anybody get one? It will be interesting to see how many go straight to auction and what the going price will be..
Goblin.JPG
Goblin.JPG (41.85 KiB) Viewed 5666 times

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:49 pm

I love the Millionaires, and this one looks hot. Took a few seconds to appreciate the green, but it would look awesome with a nice matching rod. Also on the fence about the cork knobs, but that's a personal thing, I think it would feel and look better with black EVA.

I'd like to echo DirtyD's post about hoping round reels aren't given up on. Shimano seems to be doing OK, but I'd also love to see a new Ryoga, especially a new Shrapnel version. I'm a saltwater guy. And PLEASE put the real clickers back on them. A "clicky drag" doesn't even remotely cut it.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon May 01, 2023 10:46 am

Oktayne the Red wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:49 pm
I love the Millionaires, and this one looks hot. Took a few seconds to appreciate the green, but it would look awesome with a nice matching rod. Also on the fence about the cork knobs, but that's a personal thing, I think it would feel and look better with black EVA.

I'd like to echo DirtyD's post about hoping round reels aren't given up on. Shimano seems to be doing OK, but I'd also love to see a new Ryoga, especially a new Shrapnel version. I'm a saltwater guy. And PLEASE put the real clickers back on them. A "clicky drag" doesn't even remotely cut it.
What do you mean by real clickers? So far for general bass use I like the clickers of the Conquest 100HG, new Zillion, and my Aldebaran BFS. I do wish my Millionaire had a clicking drag though. Seems like clicking drag is eventually going to be standard on bass size baitcasters. I figured you were talking about the line out clicker, but that might be tricky on a little reel.

Either way, I would love to see a Ryoga 1016 SV BOOST. Weird Daiwa gave up on the Hypermesh gears (their micro module), but I want an updated version badly.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue May 02, 2023 10:41 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 10:46 am
Oktayne the Red wrote:

What do you mean by real clickers? So far for general bass use I like the clickers of the Conquest 100HG, new Zillion, and my Aldebaran BFS. I do wish my Millionaire had a clicking drag though. Seems like clicking drag is eventually going to be standard on bass size baitcasters. I figured you were talking about the line out clicker, but that might be tricky on a little reel.

Either way, I would love to see a Ryoga 1016 SV BOOST. Weird Daiwa gave up on the Hypermesh gears (their micro module), but I want an updated version badly.
Probably means the bait clicking drag warning...akin to what came on reels like the Abu Morrum M5600C, on the larger SW capable Daiwa round reels.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Oktayne the Red
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Oktayne the Red » Tue May 02, 2023 5:08 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Oktayne the Red wrote:

Correct, I speak of the line-out clicker. The 1st Gen Conquest 300 and 400 had them, as well as the Millionaire/Luna 300. Strangely, not the Shrapnel. Often in saltwater live bait fishing, you need to put the rod down and do other stuff, sometimes in a hurry because it's one of your other baits getting hit. Throw it in freespool and engage clicker, drop the rod and run. Backing the drag down takes too long, and resetting the drag when you go back is imprecise if you set drags with a scale (granted, I don't, and most guys at the inlet or pier don't either). The drag clickers usually arent loud enough either. Freespool clickers are almost non-negotiable in my world. Unfortunately, that's a pretty small world comparably and apparently not worth the attention from the reel manufacturers anymore.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu May 04, 2023 3:34 am

Oktayne the Red wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:08 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
Oktayne the Red wrote:

Correct, I speak of the line-out clicker. The 1st Gen Conquest 300 and 400 had them, as well as the Millionaire/Luna 300. Strangely, not the Shrapnel. Often in saltwater live bait fishing, you need to put the rod down and do other stuff, sometimes in a hurry because it's one of your other baits getting hit. Throw it in freespool and engage clicker, drop the rod and run. Backing the drag down takes too long, and resetting the drag when you go back is imprecise if you set drags with a scale (granted, I don't, and most guys at the inlet or pier don't either). The drag clickers usually arent loud enough either. Freespool clickers are almost non-negotiable in my world. Unfortunately, that's a pretty small world comparably and apparently not worth the attention from the reel manufacturers anymore.
I have no reason at all to own a Shrapnel, maybe other than massive swimbaits or catfishing, but I will always remember that Tacklewarehouse had them for like $250 or something.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:31 pm

First one I have seen hit the market. Will be interesting to see if anyone bids on it at that price.
SLP$$.JPG
SLP$$.JPG (38.06 KiB) Viewed 4981 times

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu May 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 3:31 pm
First one I have seen hit the market. Will be interesting to see if anyone bids on it at that price.
SLP$$.JPG
Yeppers, will be edifying regardless of low-mid-high or STOOPID.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri May 19, 2023 7:41 am

Japan Tackle sold a few. Supposed to be a winter restock of them.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:52 am

Anyone snag one of these beautiful beasts?