22 Aldebaran Drag star

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Lastworm
Angler
Angler

22 Aldebaran Drag star

Post by Lastworm » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 pm

It’s coming into winter here and closed season so not much fishing happening for the next fees months, boredom is already setting in.

I’m considering changing the drag star on my 22 Aldebaran to a black aluminum Gomexus. The Gomexus version weighs 6.8g, I don’t suppose anyone knows how this compares to the standard Ci4+ drag star on the 22 Aldebaran?

Thanks

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 22 Aldebaran Drag star

Post by John G » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:38 am

Lastworm wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:29 pm
It’s coming into winter here and closed season so not much fishing happening for the next fees months, boredom is already setting in.

I’m considering changing the drag star on my 22 Aldebaran to a black aluminum Gomexus. The Gomexus version weighs 6.8g, I don’t suppose anyone knows how this compares to the standard Ci4+ drag star on the 22 Aldebaran?

Thanks
Avail says that the OG drag star weighs 3.8g. I have an Avail drag star for my 22 Aldebaran BFS and I haven't installed it yet but it definitely looks nicer than the OG. Just a little FYI, the Avail supposedly weighs 6.7g.

Lastworm
Angler
Angler

Re: 22 Aldebaran Drag star

Post by Lastworm » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:14 am

Thanks for that, after looking up the avail version on the hedgehog studios site I noticed the weights are listed that you mention.

Now I’m looking at spools tool 😜