Major Craft Day’s 682L Bf

How small is your rod and how light is your line? It's not about the size of your tackle, but how you work it. Come share your Ultralight and Bait Finesse System (BFS) fishing success here!
Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Major Craft Day’s 682L Bf

Post by Real Pudd legend » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:47 am

Looking for some insight from those who have this rod it’s sweet dot weight range and versatility. Wondering if it’s a noodle or has some backbone to it.

Thanks!!

jl1288
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Major Craft Day’s 682L Bf

Post by jl1288 » Fri May 05, 2023 7:26 pm

Hello Legend,
I'm John. I'm not sure how relevant my response will be for you. I don't own the MC Days series, i do however own the MC Speed Style model SSC-68L/BF it is 6ft 8in one piece. I find it to be a bit of a noodle. I find with an Aldebaran BFS and 8lb braid it does well with 3.5 to 6ish gram lures. I tried fishing some Texas rigs and it is not sensitive enough for that technique. It is great for top water and jerkbaits and some light square bills. I will close with a couple more thoughts this rod loads all the way to the 2nd from the last guide. I use mine primarily for longer distance and more open water light structure. MC offers a great bang for the buck in their rods. I hope I helped. John

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Major Craft Day’s 682L Bf

Post by Real Pudd legend » Fri May 05, 2023 9:54 pm

The rod came in and has a great action, not too soft at all it’s perfect thanks for the on point description!