Constructing a sub-7' enthusiast-level heavy pitching stick (tip-down frogging + bottom-contact sensitivity)

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Constructing a sub-7' enthusiast-level heavy pitching stick (tip-down frogging + bottom-contact sensitivity)

Post by 5poundhooker » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:25 am

NFC MB 709 HM is only $69 on sale now just for a cheap option you can cut 2 inches down. Hard to beat their prices now. I just ordered 4 hm blanks and a im swb blank for about $360 with shipping included. Just something to consider. You get 2 models for any of the others. :D

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Constructing a sub-7' enthusiast-level heavy pitching stick (tip-down frogging + bottom-contact sensitivity)

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 pm

5poundhooker wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:25 am
NFC MB 709 HM is only $69 on sale now just for a cheap option you can cut 2 inches down. Hard to beat their prices now. I just ordered 4 hm blanks and a im swb blank for about $360 with shipping included. Just something to consider. You get 2 models for any of the others. :D
I have this blank, purchased on recommendations, it's a meat stick with no tip. I bought it to make a frog rod but it is not able to load and roll cast.

It's great for magdrafts but I'd stay away for your purposes.