NRX Guides

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

NRX Guides

Post by zelmo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:24 am

I have a NRX 893C JWR that has a broken recoil guide. It is the third down from the tip, but they all look to be the same size.

Can someone tell me what to buy to replace it?

Thanks.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: NRX Guides

Post by timinmo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 pm

I believe it is a Recoil Black Pearl ''Spinning" guide #6 but to be safe I would also order a #5 Micro. If you are ordering thread also it is #413 Prowrap color fast.

zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by zelmo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:48 am

Do recoil guides use the same sizing chart as regular guides? If so I found a size chart and according to it the guide I need is either a 4.0 or 4.5. Now I need to figure out where to buy it. Mudhole wants more to ship it than the price of the guide. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the recommendation on the thread but this rod is green, not blue. What color and size thread would that be?

Thank you.

Edit: I finally got through to customer service and they are going to send me a guide.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:19 am

zelmo, sorry I just assumed it was a blue rod. Not sure what the green color is but don't think a small mismatch will be as noticeable with the green as it is with the blue. Glad you were able to get the guide, and yes to order just a small item like that, the shipping is often equal or more than the item.

Good luck

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:03 am

I don’t know how recoil does there sizing but based on fuji I’d say your looking at a size 6
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS