Reel Seat question

When production rods are not enough, it's time to go custom. Come share your experiences building and/or ordering a custom rod and tell us if you'll ever go back to off the shelf.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Reel Seat question

Post by goldrod » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Wanted to know if there’s an air beam reel seat
For custom rods. I was wanting to have a rod built with the same reel seat that’s on my Daiwa frog rod but I wasn’t sure if it’s even possible
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Reel Seat question

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 pm

Not unless you want to attempt to remove one from an existing Daiwa rod. Oh how I wish their was though!

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:14 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:18 pm
Not unless you want to attempt to remove one from an existing Daiwa rod. Oh how I wish their was though!
Thanks
I think about buying a broken one but it’s hard to come across them as well
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:17 am

i was just wondering yesterday about the 2 pc jdm rods that have the joint at the butt. i was wondering if it would be possible to take 1 of those and make up different blanks for different applications. not sure if the ferrules are different diameters based on the blank or 1 size that fits in the handle, and a different that inserts into a blank? i don't have a clue how they actually work though.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:41 am

after posting the last, i got to thinking more about this. i went to the building i store my boat in, and looked at a daiwa blazon i got a couple of months ago.

it' a 6'4 light power bfs rod. it looks like there's a female insert in the handle, and i'm not sure what is in the end of the blank. it just looks solid. i'd like to know more about what all actually could be done.