Anyone reputable to custom paint lures that doesn't cost a fortune?

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
mcfishing620
Angler
Angler

Anyone reputable to custom paint lures that doesn't cost a fortune?

Post by mcfishing620 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:41 pm

I have some lures I'd like to get some custom colors on, including UV, so is there anyone that's known for custom painting that doesn't charge an arm and a leg, does really good work, and has a durable finish? A lot of my baits get eaten so much they are down to the plastic and somehow still work, but I'd like to get those lures re-done.
My go to...
Shimano Antares 12 / 7' St Croix Legend Tournament Bass / Xcalibur XKR50 chrome/black

medicpelle
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Anyone reputable to custom paint lures that doesn't cost a fortune?

Post by medicpelle » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 am

I had some baits painted by PIZZ several years ago, not sure if they still do custom work but its worth a shot to find out. He did great work.

http://pizzcustoms.com/

Ripken_240
Angler
Angler

Post by Ripken_240 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:05 am

Check out Trey Harpels work over at thkustoms.com
He does all my hards baits. New paint, repaints, and has a few of his own baits. Very good guy to deal with.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:43 pm

mcfishing620 wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:41 pm
I have some lures I'd like to get some custom colors on, including UV, so is there anyone that's known for custom painting that doesn't charge an arm and a leg, does really good work, and has a durable finish? A lot of my baits get eaten so much they are down to the plastic and somehow still work, but I'd like to get those lures re-done.
Just remember that the only thing custom lure painters have to sell is their time and expertise. You usually get what you pay for, so don't focus on cheap.