Dyeying plastic worms

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Dyeying plastic worms

Post by Johnny A » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:02 am

Well, it appears the bass in my lake prefer Dark Green Pumpkin over Watermelon. Well actually, it’s not a preference, it’s outright prejudice! Can the watermelon be dyed to a dark green pumpkin?
Thanks

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Dyeying plastic worms

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Rit fabric dye works like a champ with plastics. Follow dilution instructions the stuff is permanent. Rinse them with soap and water first, let them dry, then proceed. Warm/hot water is key, the harder the plastic the warmer you go. Do NOT get the concentrate (or dilution) on your skin, don't ask me how I know...
PEACE

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Dyeying plastic worms

Post by Johnny A » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:40 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:26 pm
Rit fabric dye works like a champ with plastics. Follow dilution instructions the stuff is permanent. Rinse them with soap and water first, let them dry, then proceed. Warm/hot water is key, the harder the plastic the warmer you go. Do NOT get the concentrate (or dilution) on your skin, don't ask me how I know...
Thanks!