Morning Dawn Color

Can't find what you're looking for in a catalog or in the store shelves? Ever think about just making it yourself? Come share your inspirations and creations with fellow tinkerers in TackleTour's Garage Baits forum!
Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Morning Dawn Color

Post by Bbrotz » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:10 pm

I’m going to start making my own drop shot baits. I’m looking to place an order for all the supplies but before I do, does anybody have any suggestions on what colors to make roboworms morning Dawn? I’m assuming some sort of pink colorant and some blue hi light powder. I would appreciate any suggestions from someone who has made this color before, thanks.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Morning Dawn Color

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 pm

Bbrotz wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:10 pm
I’m going to start making my own drop shot baits. I’m looking to place an order for all the supplies but before I do, does anybody have any suggestions on what colors to make roboworms morning Dawn? I’m assuming some sort of pink colorant and some blue hi light powder. I would appreciate any suggestions from someone who has made this color before, thanks.
if you need anyone to TEST your product I nominate myself.....lol :lol: :lol:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bbrotz » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:58 am

goldrod wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:58 pm
Bbrotz wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:10 pm
if you need anyone to TEST your product I nominate myself.....lol :lol: :lol:
Well it might take me a while to figure out the color, but I’ll keep you in mind :lol:

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:29 pm

morning dawn has a few variants out there, some more purple than others, some more blue.

a good place to start is lureworks cerise (pink with a little blue highlight already in it) and a sky blue mica powder for the belly (bait plastics has one, several available on ebay).

you can also use a hot pink or florescent pink with a little purple added to dull it down.

as for places to order supplies:

molds: fat guys fishing, epic bait molds, angling ai, basstackle, bts molds, lurecraft, lureworks, hog salad molds, fish taco molds, driven cnc, and several others.

injectors (if you arent hand pouring): fat guys fishing, basstackle and N2 manufacturing (others make injectors too, but these 3 are far and away the best). make sure the nozzle has a locking pin and not just press fit, 350 degree plastisol is no joke.

colors, glitter, etc: lureworks, bait plastics, lurecraft, mf manufacturing, doit (the x2 colors are good), dead on plastix,

plastisol: bait plastics, calhoun, mf manufacturing, dead on plastix, lurecraft, lureworks. dont buy doit essentials, it yellows super easy and bubbles alot.

there is a bunch of groups for bait making on facebook, tons of knowledge, molds and equipment for sale, good place to get an idea of what you can do in your garage!

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Lureworks has a morning dawn colorant thats very good.

https://www.ispikeit.com/product/473/morning-dawn-160

I use it and add some blue hi lite.

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bbrotz » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:47 am

I appreciate all the help. I ordered everything except the plastisol, I was thinking of going with baitplastics but I still haven’t made up my mind. Would the super soft formula be best for drop shot baits?

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:15 pm

bait plastics is what i use, and its good stuff. super soft will work for drop shot baits but it will not be durable at all, i use 242, a medium blend, for almost everything. i think they offer a sample pack with a few different plastisol blends in it, might be worth trying something like that to find out which suits your needs best.

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bbrotz » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:15 pm

Canga- wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:15 pm
bait plastics is what i use, and its good stuff. super soft will work for drop shot baits but it will not be durable at all, i use 242, a medium blend, for almost everything. i think they offer a sample pack with a few different plastisol blends in it, might be worth trying something like that to find out which suits your needs best.
I ended up ordering the super soft and if it’s too soft I figure I’ll just add some hardener. Thanks for all the help guys, I’ll post some pictures once I get some baits made up

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:17 pm

Bbrotz wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:15 pm
Canga- wrote:
I ended up ordering the super soft and if it’s too soft I figure I’ll just add some hardener. Thanks for all the help guys, I’ll post some pictures once I get some baits made up
its an addicitng hobby, i have been doing it for 4 years, started with a $500 budget, now i have 50 molds, 6 injectors, 150ish colors and 50 glitters! there is nothing like catching fish on your creation, best of luck to you!

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:46 pm

Bbrotz wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:15 pm
Canga- wrote:
I like the super soft. Works amazing on stick baits, and still more durable with yamamotos IMO. I fished my senkos against my buddy and we caught roughly the same number of fish.

Super soft + glass bead media is an awesome combo that doesn't mess your colors up like salt does.

Bbrotz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bbrotz » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:51 am

Well I made my first batch of baits and they came out pretty good. When they say super soft, they mean SUPER SOFT. I might add some hardener to the next batch to firm them up a bit, but I will wait until I fish them to see how I like the action. Also, I had a problem with air bubbles but I’m assuming that’s from how I mixed the gallon of plastisol, next time I will try mixing it with a paint stick to see if that helps. As for trying to match roboworms morning Dawn color, I used lureworks morning Dawn colorant and some blue hilite powder. I know I’m not going to get really close to a match without a double or triple injector, but they came out looking good. I think I’m going to try the blue pearl powder next and see where that gets me.

I also made a batch with lureworks chameleon dye and some red flake and man was I blown away. It changes colors from purple to brown depending on the light and reminds me of margarita mutilator. Definitely excited to test these out on the water