Trolling Motors $$$$$$$$

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Trolling Motors $$$$$$$$

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm

What happened to the prices of these trolling motors

19-2700 dollars that’s crazy
And so many options it’s confusing. I didn’t want to drop that type of money for some time, like Christmas. Still it’s like ouch 😣!! The prices are crazy
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Trolling Motors $$$$$$$$

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:55 pm

Yes it is. But here in Finland Trolling motor + Live sonar + lithium battery in total costs same amount of money than average net wage of 1/4 year :shock: . And still people buys those. In my opinion that's almost as crazy than to spend similar amount of wealth to cell phone, which some people does...
Last edited by jvelth74 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:00 am

I’ll may be looking for a new trolling motor in the not too distant future. Even without the bells and whistles they aren’t cheap anymore BUT I paid about $700 during Tacklewarehouse Black Friday Sale in 2011. I’ve gotten 10+ years and still going strong (knock wood). I can’t complain.
The guys it hurts are the guys who aren’t full-time tournament anglers, guys without sponsorships at some level.
I look at it like this though, when I was fishing lakes where the depth was 12’ max with one major creek channel, I didn’t need the top of the line depth finder. When I relocated to a lake with multiple creek arms, a feeding river, flooded farm ponds and depths to 40’, I realized the $99 Humminbird wasn’t going to cut it, I spent the cash to make it right. It wasn’t extravagant, just enough to help myself out. It HELPED my time on the water more productive.

Ryan808
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Ryan808 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:48 am

Price for new toys are insane right now. I was in the market for getting a new trolling motor and after weeks of debating on new vs used, I bit the bullet on a new Lowrance Ghost. I cringed at the cost, but as history shows, but now to avoid the increase down the road.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:59 pm

Ryan808 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:48 am
Price for new toys are insane right now. I was in the market for getting a new trolling motor and after weeks of debating on new vs used, I bit the bullet on a new Lowrance Ghost. I cringed at the cost, but as history shows, but now to avoid the increase down the road.

everything is so inflated
sometimes it just makes you want to get a bobber and a cricket
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible