Sea eagle

Post by nycgrip » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 am

Any experience with their products?

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Sea eagle

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:55 pm

Im on my second year with a Sea Eagle 124SMB have 27 outings and so far its been great. I have a 55# trolling motor only use on small lakes 40-320acres in size. Standing to cast is easy and stable. It has ok amount of space had my family of 4 me wife -2kids 5yo 11yo and its not that bad. With just 2 me my older son its fine space wise. Durability fine so far has some scrapes but just minor. For still fishing I use 2 anchors front/rear with just one it can get moved about,the anchor doesnt move just boat, will like swing thats why 2 anchors. It takes an easy going 20-25 minutes to set-up and be in the water--- thats blow-up, attach motor, put in battery, floorboards, gear. All packs in the suv. Some co-workers said I was throwing money away on a rubber boat but I really really like it . I had a 14'johboat for 7 years but space limitation had to sell plus there are a couple lakes that are carry-on only so the jon wouldnt work if by myself. So I do have comparision and would buy an inflateable again.

here a pic

thukidad
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by thukidad » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:32 pm

i have a sea eagle 285 FPB w/ a 40lb trolling motor... i wanted something small and light for the hard to reach places where I wouldn't put a fiberglass boat in or electric only pond.. its been doing quite well, only complaint is that its too light and a small wind can cause some problem, but aside from that, it great.. would recommend

dux
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dux » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:29 pm

thukidad wrote:i have a sea eagle 285 FPB w/ a 40lb trolling motor... i wanted something small and light for the hard to reach places where I wouldn't put a fiberglass boat in or electric only pond.. its been doing quite well, only complaint is that its too light and a small wind can cause some problem, but aside from that, it great.. would recommend
How stable is the 285 FPB in the wind when anchored ?

mattfish11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mattfish11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

I've heard good things about them... I knew a guy in NJ that fished out of one all the time - he swore by it!

I don't think I could fish out of one of those!

thukidad
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by thukidad » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:47 am

its not bad.. its about the same as a pond prowler or anything like it.. its quite stable as I stand and fish oftern..

l2yan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by l2yan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am

I HIGHLY recommend getting into kayak fishing instead. The only problem is that it is EXTREMELY addicting 8-) If fishing for pure pleasure, kayak fishing is in a league of its own. There are many options. My favorite thus far is the wilderness systems ride 115. Not only can I easily stand and fish, I can do handstands in it! A VERY affordable option yet not giving anything away in quality is the perception pescador 12. Great all-around kayak that can do many things well for ~$500.

Also, only takes less than 5 minutes to get it ready and fish.
www.BigSmallieTackle.com
www.HeroesOnTheWater.org

dux
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dux » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 pm

I've had the 285 fpb for a year now and am very happy with it so far. I wanted a light,portable boat I could STAND UP in. I use a 55 # TM on it which works very well. Pumps up quickly with an "airhead" pump connected to the TM battery. It's very stable, but only room for one person. You need to be careful in it's confined area . I've come close a couple of times, losing my balance and almost falling overboard, but then I'm getting old. Well worth the money for me. well constructed of quality, tough, material (1000denier) I'm glad I bought one.

james123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by james123 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:18 am

Inflatable boat is easy to carry. I don't have a big car so I have to go wiht inflatable.
I have a SE9 and sea eagle might be the best inflatable boat you can find at an affordable price.
l2yan wrote:I HIGHLY recommend getting into kayak fishing instead. The only problem is that it is EXTREMELY addicting 8-) If fishing for pure pleasure, kayak fishing is in a league of its own. There are many options. My favorite thus far is the wilderness systems ride 115. Not only can I easily stand and fish, I can do handstands in it! A VERY affordable option yet not giving anything away in quality is the perception pescador 12. Great all-around kayak that can do many things well for ~$500.

Also, only takes less than 5 minutes to get it ready and fish.

under cover
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by under cover » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:50 am

the sea eagle frameless pontoon is a good choice and most bang for your buck. if you wanna to bass it standing easily & pitch, punch, walkbaits & flip and just general casting as one would like to, get a toon. much more functional & effective to bass it out of. want to bass with a handicap, get a yak :big grin:

all have pro's & cons but set up a sea eagle properly & toss a 55# TM on it and they serve their purpose very well for bassin. can handle chop/bigger waves and stable as hell. wind will bother you in a yak, toon or any portable. but much easier to anchor and fan cast an area with a toon than a yak. plus you can use the TM while standing in a toon and fish a line. I'd get a 42" shaft TM preferably. then you can set it up higher and more comfortable to reach/use while standing ;)

james123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by james123 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:34 am

sea eagle has a new frameless potoon in green color around $800.
It has rod holder. I want to get one.

Fastfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fastfish » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:20 pm

a fishing buddy has a Sea-Eagle FPB and he loves it and I kinda like it also, it'll never be able to replace my Kayak(nothing will)but it is nice and I;m thinking about adding 1 to my fishing arsenal.

Fastfish