Minn Kota iPilot - Opinions Appreciated

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Minn Kota iPilot - Opinions Appreciated

Post by Gblaze » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:37 pm

Hey guys- just wanted any input from anyone who has experience with this feature. Im in the market to upgrade my trolling set-up and am eyeing the riptide 101 with ipilot. Main concerns are battery consumption and wether the lack of a foot pedal interferes with fishing....

Imavol
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Minn Kota iPilot - Opinions Appreciated

Post by Imavol » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm

I have one on my aluminum boat and love it but, it came with a foot pedal too, do they not come with one now? The anchor feature is great, the record a track is great, the cruise control I use almost all of the time great on an aluminum boat. I have never had trouble with batteries and I use it for 7 days straight in Canada for very long fishing days in very windy conditions, I do not think you will have troubles with your batteries.

Weedsnager
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Weedsnager » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 am

One of the best fishing inventions in the last 10 years. we used to anchor in 50ft of water, now all we do is press a button. that anchor feature alone makes the I-pilot worth it. the auto-pilot feature for trolling works real well also when your fishing alone.

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Awesome feature on a trolling motor. The Terrova always came with a foot pedal, even with iPilot. You don't have to use it when you have the remote, but still nice to have when moving and power fishing.

vassman
Angler
Angler

Post by vassman » Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 pm

I've had mine for about two years now and it has a great spot lock. Good for deep water. I aslo use both the cruise control and the tolling guide