TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack

Post by USA-RET » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Anyone have or use one of these?

Gets excellent reviews. Priced right too.

Designed to carry an engine weight of a 90Hp, (but Merc 75, 90, 115 and 125HP all weigh the same 375lbs)

My boat has a 90HP Opti and am doing a Power Pole. Since they are pulling the engine, figured I may as well add a hydraulic plate since I'm fishing some very skinny water lakes in S Florida.

Getting a super deal on a new one @ $541 +tax.
TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack plate.jpg
TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack plate.jpg (16.17 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Their marketing pitch:

SMALLEST AND LIGHTEST HYDRAULIC JACK ON THE MARKET
Great For Shallow Water Boats – Gheenoes
River Runners – Jon Boats - Skiffs

Get Out of Trouble Fast – Lifts in 8 Seconds
Lightweight – Only 23 Pounds
Fish “Skinny Water” With Confidence
Self Contained Hydraulics
For 90 HP and Under Outboards
Only Four (4) Inch Setback
Clamp-On Motor Adapter Available (optional)
Small Footprint– Only 14-5/8” Wide and 11-1/2” High

vishus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack

Post by vishus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 pm

It's not just the weight of the motor. My old 2.5efi is only 375#, but is putting out 260+hp. That jack wouldn't be able to lift my motor under power, too much torque...

The TH Atlas are nice jacks, the micro should be more of the same (keep it at or under 90hp)

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TH Marine Atlas Micro Jack

Post by USA-RET » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 pm

vishus wrote:It's not just the weight of the motor. My old 2.5efi is only 375#, but is putting out 260+hp. That jack wouldn't be able to lift my motor under power, too much torque...

The TH Atlas are nice jacks, the micro should be more of the same (keep it at or under 90hp)
Thanks, that"s good to know. Earlier models of this jack were rated to only 75HP, now the new ones are rated to 90HP. Unsure whether they made adjustments to the design or found that the 90hp was not causing any issues.

I had thought that perhaps HP rating was based on weight and the 90HP rating was established as a median since different manufacturer's motors (and production years) weigh differently, but your explanation makes sense.

I saw that it would handle mine, so I'm jumping on one. I like the fact that it only weighs 23 lbs and no extra pumps inside the boat. My boat is aft heavy to start with. Next move may be to move the batteries forward. :D