New Boat Cover Opinions

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Boat Cover Opinions

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm looking for some good options for 2 boat covers. I have a Tracker Pro 17 I use as a river boat locally that desperately needs a new cover. It doesn't need to be a travel cover as I don't take this boat far so it comes off at home before I leave. Also have a Triton Tr 21pd that's cover is starting to wear quite a bit so I'm going to go ahead and replace it to. This one needs to be a travel cover as I tke the boat on highway trips frequently. Looking for something breathable and very durable. Any ideas? Thanks.

SCBASSIN
Angler
Angler

Re: New Boat Cover Opinions

Post by SCBASSIN » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 am

This is a good company to deal with http://www.auroracanvas.com/

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a great option for the Triton. Need something a little cheaper for the Tracker though.
Anyone have any ideas?

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:12 am

Take a look at Classic Accessories StormPro Heavy Duty Boat Covers. Priced reasonably. I picked up one at Costco for less than $100 and it lasted 6 years. Got rid of it because of some mildew in the underside, but the cover was still weather proof. I should have kept it.

Have been using the BPS Weather-safe covers and even with the 5 year warranty, they are not as good as that old Storm Pro. The BPS cover start to fall apart after a year or two. Got a free replacement within the first year on my first one. On my second one now and the insides are deteriorating.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:28 am

Thanks a lot USA-RET. Good info on the cover, I will check it out. Sounds like good durability and I can deal with it not being very breathable.

I had the same problems with the Bass Pro covers. They did not last long at all. Warranty is nice but not when having to exchange it all the time.

Jeremy S
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeremy S » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 am

I'll second the Aurora for the Triton. I had a custom Aurora on my old TR20 that was probably the best cover I've ever owned.

Currently I'm using a BPS 600 denier cover on my 20i, it's a good enough cover for right now as I'm finally having a garage built this summer (I used to keep it at my moms house as it won't fit in my garage but she bought another home and it won't fit in hers either now, thanks mom hahaha). I think it works fine as temporary storage but I'd buy another Aurora if my boat was going to be permanently outside.