Music to fish by

Fish-N-Fool Lures
Angler
Angler

Re: Music to fish by

Post by Fish-N-Fool Lures » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 am

First off mrgadget you got way to much free time to fill LOL
I like to listen to my cd player while in the boat. But it is good music not the rapcrap. I listen to western mainly and at a very low volume that I can still talk to my fishing partner with ease.

daleo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by daleo » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:57 am

My wife bought me a CD player to put in the boat 2 yrs ago. Thats right, it still isn't in! And yes I hear about it constantly when she is in the boat. I don't need a stereo in my boat when I am fishing, how are you going to hear if a fish comes to the surface behind you. Besides I am more than likely going to sing along and there goes attention span. However it is going in the boat this spring to keep her happy, you know those non-fishing trips up and down the lake with your wife and maybe another couple along, looking at cottages and other peoples boats. Love music, but not while I'm fishing.

merlin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by merlin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:15 am

Hi all,

I'm the kind who loves music while fishing.
I'm searching for a portable system that enables me to play my mp3 player tunes.
I want a system with rechargeable batteries (don't want to plug it on my little trolling motor batt or on the fishfinder one).

Anyone has a clue what i could buy? Waterproof would be a must.

Don't worry US anglers i'm european and therefore there's no chances you'll hear my tunes while fishing

Thanks a lot

Sledgehammer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Sledgehammer » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:49 am

When I get a boat it will have a CD player in it because I love listening to music while fishing. But I do realize that most people dont like to so it will stay at a low volume. I have thought about just listening to my Ipod but it seems like that could get a little dangerous but you see Ish doing it all the time :lol:

bhyatt6
Angler
Angler

Post by bhyatt6 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:43 am

Ted Nuge!!! that's what i get pumped to fish with... i listen to that at the ramp and then nothing but me and the fish when i get out there... but like i said theres nothin' like a little uncle ted on my way to into the "spirit of the wild"

Reel Old Geezer
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by Reel Old Geezer » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Interesting that this 5 year old thread got revived on my birthday. I still detest canned music on the water - at least on the lake out front and my smallmouth river. There is plenty of interesting music here - the dabble of ducks, the screech of the gulls, geese honking, the purr of my reel, and the splash of the bass I just hooked. Music to my ears.

Added note - I'm 79 today, and still fishing 150+ days a year.

NickN
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by NickN » Wed May 04, 2011 10:16 am

Don't listen to music much but, I do sometimes put on a baseball game.

mck1975
Angler
Angler

Post by mck1975 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 pm

9-Ball Pro wrote: "Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon" is great for the sunrise.

My boat has Sirius, 10 disk cd changer, mp3/4 player, etc.. I play it low and it helps me to relax.

I'm an old geezer that likes his music just about as much as fishing :)
Nothin wrong with being old. Floyd, Blues or Old Motown loud enough for my pleasure, not the lakes!
GO BUCKS - O-H-I-O

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Ahhhhh yes,the lake gangsters....or "lankstas",as we call em....always an unwelcome sight.Gotta watch tho,they have been known to do "cast-bys"..Sux if you get hit.Those trebles can be a bear getting out of flesh.Luckily,most of them hold their rods sideways to aim and cast,usually ensuring they dont hit their targets...you can even spot these folks on dry land,away from their choice of music...just look for the frogg toggs hanging down below their azzes... :mrgreen:
And a happy belated Bday to you,man!I hope and pray when I am your age I can still get out and do it like you are,much respect to ya!

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Tourney day means some pump up pre game rock on the way to the spot, but when I'm there, the silence means its game-time.
Set hard and set often

cjtoad
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by cjtoad » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm

Only listen to music (mp3 player with earbuds) when I fish the Charlies in the center of Boston, to drown out the city sounds. This redneck hates hearing car alarms and police sirens every five minutes. When I'm out in the country, natures the only sound track I need.
I've yelled at quite a few people over the years to turn that crap off usaully they do, most people know it's wrong.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 pm

I have a cd player on board so my wife and daughter can plug in the ipod when they come out. Other than that it doesn't get used. Most of the close proximity lakes get a lot of pleasure boaters and water ski traffic during the summer. I'm amazed at how much cash some people put into sound systems on big ski boats. I'm talking sub woofers and speakers mounted and hung. I don't let it bother me, unavoidable. My time on the water is to precious to let some loud music ruin the day, and I don't really mind if it's good classic rock. This past weekend I recall one of those ski boats blasting ice ice baby by Vanilla Ice.....It was loud, to loud :roll: