New Project for 2021

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

New Project for 2021

Post by goldrod » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:02 pm

After being in my boat today ( the weather man was off , it was a horrible day on the water ) I realized that it’s time to do something different. I don’t want to start all over but I want a new trolling motor
And I want to remove all carpet and go with something different
And I want to change out units. That being said I was looking at new units in my price range and man you only get 2 years of warranty. That’s a bit harsh I think because I’m not using the boat every day or every weekend in a month.
Has anyone else done ( I’m guessing it would be classified as an update ) upgrade to your boat, how was it on the electrical side??
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler

Re: New Project for 2021

Post by Sterfry26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm

I did it a few years ago with the help of my dad. It is not horrible at all. Just take pictures of everything and use youtube as a source if you get stuck. Most units nowadays are pretty much plug and play and you may just have to do a little splicing here and there.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm
I did it a few years ago with the help of my dad. It is not horrible at all. Just take pictures of everything and use youtube as a source if you get stuck. Most units nowadays are pretty much plug and play and you may just have to do a little splicing here and there.
Thanks Man..
it will most likely be the summer time when i start,, plan prepare execute and look it all over again is where I am heading
the biggest thing right now in the planning stag for me is how i want my units to operate and be installed.. I am really excited about the whole thing though..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Sterfry26
Angler
Angler

Post by Sterfry26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:13 pm
Sterfry26 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm
Thanks Man..
it will most likely be the summer time when i start,, plan prepare execute and look it all over again is where I am heading
the biggest thing right now in the planning stag for me is how i want my units to operate and be installed.. I am really excited about the whole thing though..
It is definitely very satisfying when it is all said and done. Have fun with it and just make sure to verify all your plans before drilling any holes haha.