Motorguide Tour Pro

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Motorguide Tour Pro

Post by goldrod » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:15 pm

Afternoon TT'ers

Finally got out to do the gps calibration on this trolling motor and link it to the remote. Worst mistake I was being on the roads and water during this holiday esp where I live.

Reading the manual on the water was not a good idea. I spent alot of time sitting and reading aloud. A few times i contemplated watching a video to simplify what I had to do but I stuck it out with the book. The trolling motor is a nice addition to the boat and my only complaint is due to my ignorance. I thought that pressing the directional arrows on the remote would turn the boat in that direction but i have to hit the motor / drive button and when I thought about it, makes sense otherwise if you accidentally hit the button you would move the boat and that could potentially cause you to fall overboard.

The trolling motor foot pedal is very comfortable and big which I like.
The spot lock i have not gotten a fast current or high winds to work against and i will save that comment for another day.
Stow and deploy is phenomenal and something I like it alot

i was only out a couple of hours but is it worth the price... NO.. nothing you buy these days is worth the price.. NOTHING.. first it was a shortage of chips now it has to be a shortage of everything but i digress.. realistically 15-1700 maybe is what i think its worth.. and without paying the convivence fees that peoples are charging for using their devices to pay them. I'm paying to pay..

Anyways I ran the unit into some pads and it walked out with zero issues.. I caught one small fish flipping a Valkyrie and HD combo
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible