Float tube with electronic trolling motor?

Brookie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Float tube with electronic trolling motor?

Post by Brookie » Sun May 04, 2003 2:34 pm

Does anyone have one of these rigs? I have seen them in magazines and stuff, but how well do they work? Pros and cons?

Buzz
TT Staff Angler
TT Staff Angler

Re: Float tube with electronic trolling motor?

Post by Buzz » Mon May 05, 2003 1:16 pm

:(

I would be wary of using a trolling motor with a float tube. The reason is that you would have an exposed prop way to close to your legs for my level of comfort. Not to mention float tubes are not designed to move through water briskly, however you can kick troll with them rather easily with a good pair of fins.

Reccomendations: 1) If you are looking for a trolling motor to do less work or to troll you are probably out of luck. This is not what a float tube was designed for. A good pair of fins will get you a long way! :lol:

2) If you do need a trolling motor then consider hoby cats (2 pontoons)that get you up and out of the water, by Outcast PAC 900 and similar models. http://www.outcastboats.com LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!! #-o

Brookie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Brookie » Mon May 05, 2003 3:36 pm

Oh, I definitely agree with you that having a prop close by would be dangerous, but just want to see if anyone who owns one can share their experience with us and what they think.

Reno Reeler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Reno Reeler » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:13 pm

The higher end inflatable pontoon boats come with electric trolling motor mounts. There is no issue of dangling feet in the water with these watercraft. Of course many states then require the boat to be registered since it is motorized.