BOCA Handle Knob Bearings for Stradic 3000FJ

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

BOCA Handle Knob Bearings for Stradic 3000FJ

Post by GRH » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:46 am

I replaced the handle knob bushings on my Stradic 3000FJ with BOCA Ceramic Orange Seal ABEC 7 bearings. The knobs do spin better with less effort, but there is a little side play in the knob that is not there with the bushings. If I could find an extra washer that is used under the screw that comes stock with the knob it would fit perfect - two washers instead of one, or one washer twice as thick would work too. It is a really thin stainless washer.

Shimano does not sell the washers :( , so does anyone know where that washer, or one that is an equivalent size can be bought?

Thanks

sav844
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: BOCA Handle Knob Bearings for Stradic 3000FJ

Post by sav844 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:02 am

Measure it up and look at shoulder screw shims (washers) try mcmastercarr.com You probably wont find one to fit perfect but you find one that will work.

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:46 pm

sav844:

Thanks for the suggestion and link. Unfortunately, when I go to mcmastercarr.com all I get is a web-page asking me to email them!

There is a Graingers nearby and I have been told they have a very large supply of washers and should have the size I need. I'll give them a try.

Thanks

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Do you have a hobbyshop in your area. If they deal in radio control cars trucks helis and such they might have small washers/shims or be able to get them. Too, what size you need shimano sent me small knob washers free for my core/curado reels maybe they use the same dont know though.

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks QUAKEnSHAKE for the "radio control car" suggestion, I would never have thought of it. I'll do some checking with local hobby stores.

All the hardware stores including Grainger's didn't have the size I need. In the meantime I ordered handle knob washers from Shimano for a Stella 2500FE to see if they will fit. I have a Chronarch 200E7 and the washers are a different size than needed for the Stradic 3000FJ so that was a dead end too.

The quest continues. :)