TSI 321 and OC hybrid abec 7

billhaeg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

TSI 321 and OC hybrid abec 7

Post by billhaeg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:07 pm

Curious how TSI 321 works with OC hybrid abec 7 bearings? From what I read TSI 321 will not bond with the ceramic but will with the medal in the races. any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

e_bassfisher
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: TSI 321 and OC hybrid abec 7

Post by e_bassfisher » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 pm

i have not been using the TSI, yet any way. but i discussed this lubricant with another very experienced reel tech who has been using TSI for quite some time. he said he has seen no reason not to use it on ceramic hybrid bearings

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:12 pm

I have posted on this topic a few times in the past. I use TSI 321 mainly for saltwater protection as my races kept rusting on my OS in the past with other oils. Have been using it for around 2 years on the same bearings with no rust anywhere and no loss in performance. The 321 is pretty thick so spin out the excess before installing. After a few casts they really start to speed up. As Ebassfisher said, no reason not to. I would use it even if I wasn't fishing saltwater after using it for a while.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:I have posted on this topic a few times in the past. I use TSI 321 mainly for saltwater protection as my races kept rusting on my OS in the past with other oils. Have been using it for around 2 years on the same bearings with no rust anywhere and no loss in performance. The 321 is pretty thick so spin out the excess before installing. After a few casts they really start to speed up. As Ebassfisher said, no reason not to. I would use it even if I wasn't fishing saltwater after using it for a while.
How often do you clean your bearings that are used in saltwater? Does that TSI321 bond to the mental as advertised?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:04 am

I usually clean them whenever they get noisy, or start to see a loss in distance. This is on average every 3 months or so. Before using TSI I was replacing rusted bearings on a regular basis. Since using the 321 for the past year or two, I haven't had any rust anywhere on the reels including the anti reverse roller bearing. Biggest problem is salt crystals forming in the bearins and slowing them down. Once cleaned out they are like new again, shiny and fast.

It does bond to the metal and leaves a very thin coat. Some of the tests I've seen are amazing what this stuff can do and I have total confidence it will protect my reels.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:31 am

JBcrankaddict wrote:I usually clean them whenever they get noisy, or start to see a loss in distance. This is on average every 3 months or so. Before using TSI I was replacing rusted bearings on a regular basis. Since using the 321 for the past year or two, I haven't had any rust anywhere on the reels including the anti reverse roller bearing. Biggest problem is salt crystals forming in the bearins and slowing them down. Once cleaned out they are like new again, shiny and fast.

It does bond to the metal and leaves a very thin coat. Some of the tests I've seen are amazing what this stuff can do and I have total confidence it will protect my reels.
This is great to hear as I plan on doing some inshore fishing as I live in the Clearwater, Fl area.

Thanks, John

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:45 pm

It's all I use, and I've been using it for over a year now. No problems at all, I fish a lot of brackish water and never had an issue. Dunk them, spin the bearings out... Good to go! ; )

MidTNKayakAngler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MidTNKayakAngler » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:25 am

I've been using TSI321 on my reels for more than a year now and on customers reels for about 8 months, and have had no issues.