I have a question about lithium batteries

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

I have a question about lithium batteries

Post by John G » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:08 pm

I have 3 Ionic Lithium batteries in my Jon boat and I have one AGM battery that I use to start my 20HP Tohatsu. This morning, just playing around a little bit, I put a test light on the AGM battery positive terminal and my test light lit up and then I put the same test light on all the positive terminals of my lithium batteries and the test light didn't light up but they have plenty of power. My question is why is my test light not lighting up when it touches the positive terminals of my lithium batteries?

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with my lithium batteries at all because there isn't. They power my trolling motor and my fishfinder just fine. I'm just curious why the test light doesn't light up when I touch the positive terminal of my lithiums.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: I have a question about lithium batteries

Post by mark poulson » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:31 am

I would contact the place I bought the lithium batteries and ask them.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: I have a question about lithium batteries

Post by John G » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:29 pm

mark poulson wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:31 am
I would contact the place I bought the lithium batteries and ask them.
I thought about doing that but I believe they're fine. The funny thing is, I can ground my test light to my boat and put the test light on the positive terminal of my AGM battery and it lights up. I can then ground my test light to my boat and put it on the positive terminal of my lithium batteries and it will not light up. I have to ground the test light to the battery itself before the test light will work