Panoptix PS22 - has anyone used Panoptix?

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Panoptix PS22 - has anyone used Panoptix?

Post by TK_duluthbass » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 pm

I’m very interested in buying this transducer because I want the front and down vu live sonar. Can anyone tell me anything about using it? I’m trying to figure out what it will help me find. Will it show me grass, rocks, fish on the bottom? And how clear is it when the target is closer to 100ft away. It’s looks like it’s not a very defined mark when I watch it in use on YouTube. I like the concept a lot, but I can’t decide if it will be a good fit and I don’t want to end up with a unit that will disappoint me. Right now I have older hummingbirds that I haven’t even had a chance to use since buying my boat last year at the beginning of winter. I was considering just running the Panoptix on the trolling motor along with the humminbirds. I would also use the Garmin for ice fishing if it works out. Hoping for advice and to read some experiences about running Garmins and Panoptix.

jajamor93
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Panoptix PS22 - has anyone used Panoptix?

Post by jajamor93 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:48 pm

I have seen it all over the internet, try to check the reviews before purchasing one.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:17 pm

For $999 just for the transducer it better.

PM sent.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 pm

I’ve read reviews and watched every YouTube video and haven’t got the answers I am looking for. TW had 10% off but the transducer was on backorder which conflicted with the $200 rebate requirements. I was looking to get it for $700. Still considering getting one before the rebate is expired.

TK_duluthbass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TK_duluthbass » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:12 pm

Paul Mueller’s instagram has been the most informative. He’s answered some of the comments I’ve left him, but most of his content is made while ice fishing and perch fishing.