Discouraged!! What is the way forward?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Discouraged!! What is the way forward?

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:54 pm

I can't say that I've felt this way in a long time. I think my puck is out on my back up console unit which is paired up to my bow until
So i was thinking, why spend money in a puck with I can just buy another unit with an internal antenna then the question arises what would I do with the extra unit that works fine?
My original plan was to upgrade my trolling motor this winter, but sheeessh the prices are like WAYYY up there
so I was thinking again, just upgrade everything trolling motor and units and find somewhere to live cause the wife will put you out for sure lol.
Anyways man its sort of discouraging for sure because, 10 grand in a boat just for electronic and a trolling motor, not this guy even with a winning lottery ticket.. Im pretty conservative in my mind.. I thought about selling the boat for a new boat but Im close to paying this one off, like Im sniffing the final payment..

Temporaliy I can always use my primary units gps.. and I have the option of linking my console unit to my bow units puck
but when I am marking a waypoint, i think that will be confusing.. Anyways guys what do you think, im going to do some crunches and sit ups so i can feel like i've earned a slice of apple pie, but i'll probably have two slices and ice cream tonight
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Discouraged!! What is the way forward?

Post by goldrod » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:01 pm

Just for laughs, I found a puck for a lot less than cost. So i googled maps ( for street view ) the address of the place selling it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah, not this guy.. its a building with no signs or logos or anything and the building next to it, and the next etc..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:56 am

So I woke the wife up to have a serious conversation. This usually works to my agenda. But not this time 😂 she was not sleep
As I suspected she said “okay, let’s talk I’m all ears”!
My approach was good though. I said hello my beloved help Meet !
However I think it sounded the alarm in her mind. Needless to say

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:45 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:56 am
So I woke the wife up to have a serious conversation. This usually works to my agenda. But not this time 😂 she was not sleep
Don't make any sudden moves. They can smell fear and will attack if you show you're afraid. Just lay back down and turn away slowly, then pretend to snore. Maybe, just maybe, she will think you were having a sleepwalking incident and you will see another sunrise.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:45 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:56 am
Don't make any sudden moves. They can smell fear and will attack if you show you're afraid. Just lay back down and turn away slowly, then pretend to snore. Maybe, just maybe, she will think you were having a sleepwalking incident and you will see another sunrise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
She's alway been a great sounding board for me. Im too impulsive and we both know it. Although I've gotten better over the years