Not Afraid of Contact - The Jackall Chubble Minnow Shaped Squarebill

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu May 27, 2021 5:40 am

Introduction: Jackall continues to find ways to tweak their offerings with unique designs or profiles. Is there any class of bait that the company doesn't already have a silver bullet? Whether we are looking at the finesse crosstail shad, deadly gill imitating Gantarel swimbait, or proven Aska cranks, the brand knows how to make baits that draw both anglers and fish. The Chubble stands apart from the rest of the lineup with a squarebill lip paired with a longer body that is designed to imitate minnows and exhibit a more natural swimming action than traditional squarebill cranks.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewjackallchubble.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Not Afraid of Contact - The Jackall Chubble Minnow Shaped Squarebill

Post by Houndfish » Thu May 27, 2021 6:48 am

I have been using the Chubble for a year or so now, it’s one of the few cranks I do use. I got into them to fish over the top of the hydrilla fields that a lot of my local ponds fill up with in the summer. They work excellently for that, the 2-3’ running depth is usually perfect for just skimming the tops of the SAV. The only thing I don’t like about them is the cost.

Zander
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not Afraid of Contact - The Jackall Chubble Minnow Shaped Squarebill

Post by Zander » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Houndfish wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:48 am
I have been using the Chubble for a year or so now, it’s one of the few cranks I do use. I got into them to fish over the top of the hydrilla fields that a lot of my local ponds fill up with in the summer. They work excellently for that, the 2-3’ running depth is usually perfect for just skimming the tops of the SAV. The only thing I don’t like about them is the cost.
Thanks Houndfish. Appreciate the feedback and I totally agree with the effectiveness over soft cover as you describe. I think a lot of anglers (including me for a long time) passed on this bait with so many other crank choices, including more familiar ones from Jackall's own lineup, but it really is a sleeper that performs well given the opportunity.