Striking Gold : Seaguar's Fluorocarbon Leader for Enthusiasts

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:28 am

Introduction: There is no more important component of your fishing arsenal than the one connecting you to the hook. You can catch fish without a rod or reel, but without a method to dangle that hook in the water and pull whatever might bite out, there is no fishing. Obviously, the hook is just as important, but despite its critical nature, many anglers give little thought to the characteristics of their fishing line.

The difference in materials, ratings, applications has always intrigued me and is the driving force behind my experimenting and testing many of the available product on the market today. Even with all that, there is one type of line I've kept at a distance not really buying into the need for its specialty application, leader material.

Don't get me wrong. I've used leaders and actually have relied on them for many years to provide both shock and abrasion protection, and also as a degree of visual concealment from my braided line. However, the material I use as a leader is simply higher end nylon monofilament and fluorocarbon designed for use as a main line. I haven't taken the leap to use actual leader line material because I felt what I was using was good enough.

I'd fallen into the trap of the very mindset I was calling out in my opening paragraph. My recent dive into the use of hollow braid as my mainline has inspired me to up my leader game and Seaguar's recent introduction of a high end, fluorocarbon leader material was enough to convince me to take the plunge. You see, up until now, when in need of a fluorocarbon leader, their Tatsu line has been my fluoro of choice. Good enough for me was a line that, depending on the strength rating, cost roughly twenty five cents ($0.25) per yard.

The thought that there could be something that performs better than Tatsu and the nagging curiosity of the actual benefit of specialty leader material finally came to a boiling point during the past year. So here now is my journey with Seaguar's Gold Label fluorocarbon leader.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewseaguargoldlabelfc.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"