Do You Believe in Magic? Gan Craft's Killers Dead Sword

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:08 pm

Introduction: Three is a magical number. From movie series, to some of our favorite musical groups, to the artist's rule of three, to the countdown at the beginning of a race or competition, three just has a comfortable rhythm. In bass fishing, if an angler can find a medium, medium heavy, and heavy powered rod he likes, he has a trio of rods to handle ninety percent of the popular techniques. Unfortunately, one of the techniques that falls into that extra ten percent are big baits, or more popularly, swimbaits. Fishing these oversized lures has grown in popularity over the last two decades to the point where manufacturers are finally addressing the tackle needs and doing so in a big way. How do we know? Well, Japanese tackle company, Gan Craft makes a trio of rods made to handle just about every lure size a swimbait fisherman could need. Here's our look at the first stick in the manufacturer's powerful trio, the Killers KG-00 6-710EXH Dead Sword.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewgancraf ... 10exh.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Do You Believe in Magic? Gan Craft's Killers Dead Sword

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Ironic timing... and I'm happy you found the light. Keep it going... Of note, my DSM (s) are 2-5oz not 6oz. I'm figuring simple misprint, but you are right they actually do throw 6 pretty decent. I am shocked you found success throwing down to .5oz on Dead Sword though. I did it a few times but found it more effort than I was willing to tolerate. I never felt I had a balance issue though but that's just me I guess.
Last edited by GOOD YEAR 71 on Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PEACE

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:04 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:45 pm
I am shocked you found success throwing down to .5oz on Dead Sword though.
Maybe it was the fishing reel? lure? line? ... I don't know, but it performed really well during its tests.... and correct regarding the DeadSword Magnum, mine says 2-5 oz on it. I'll address that in episode II :lol:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:18 pm

Ordered the wrong $600 rod...over $700 bucks after shipping. And loved it - now that is Kismet. =D> =D>