Rat Rumble : JSJ Baits's Pack Rat (Recoil Edition)

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Introduction: Josh St. John is certainly no new comer to the world of big baits. We've taken detailed looks at his Snack Sized Trout and Bluegill baits back in 2009 and 2011 respectively and just last year, we reviewed a bait he designed to be produced in collaboration with River2Sea, the Trigger Trout. At the time, I touted the Trigger Trout as a rare collaboration between two bait making entities, but what I didn't realize until recently is that collaborations are a common theme with St. John. Back in 2008, when his bait company was young, and relatively unknown, he collaborated with another bait maker, Benno Huene of Little Creeper fame to build a subsurface, soft plastic rat swimmer. Here's our belated look at JSJ's Pack Rat.

Complete Article: http://tackletour.com/reviewjsjpackrat.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Rat Rumble : JSJ Baits's Pack Rat (Recoil Edition)

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pm

All these rats... [-(

I been on the finesse bite too much to appreciate big topwater bites. I usually either finesse or power (punch, deep crank, buzzbait).
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:33 am

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pm
All these rats... [-(
Someone always complains... whether it's about the high end gear concentration, too much affordable gear, enough with the finesse, why is price a category on the evaluation matrix, too picky about certain aspects of a product. The truth is we write about it all. Your focus is on finesse. Well, out of the last 10 articles, there are three reviews that can be considered finesse products. 2 rat reviews and one of those rats is something you can throw on conventional gear. Truth is, we fish and review content for everyone despite our occasional themes.
Cal, Managing Editor

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:44 pm

Cal wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:33 am
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:56 pm
All these rats... [-(
Someone always complains... whether it's about the high end gear concentration, too much affordable gear, enough with the finesse, why is price a category on the evaluation matrix, too picky about certain aspects of a product. The truth is we write about it all. Your focus is on finesse. Well, out of the last 10 articles, there are three reviews that can be considered finesse products. 2 rat reviews and one of those rats is something you can throw on conventional gear. Truth is, we fish and review content for everyone despite our occasional themes.
I know that. I was just razzing you. You guys been into big bait tackle this year. Every big bait article I read, I get closer to taking the plunge.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:59 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:44 pm
You guys been into big bait tackle this year. Every big bait article I read, I get closer to taking the plunge.
Not just this year... ;) ... http://tackletour.com/menuswimbaits.html
Cal, Managing Editor