Now This Stick Is Legit : The Wild Side WSC72H+

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Now This Stick Is Legit : The Wild Side WSC72H+

Post by LowRange » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Rod handles 3oz great. 1st outting with the rod and on the 5th cast I got a 6lbr on the floating Savage Gear line through. This is a bait the Hyuga absolutely could not handle. Very happy so far and have some heaver Savage Gear products to try out on the way. It's a very different stick from the Hyuga. While it has a lot of cross over it is much faster with a much higher realistic upper bait limit. It's also much more tip heavy too despite the light weight. The Hyuga is a much more responsive rod in hand.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:03 am

=D> =D>
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:49 pm

Good stuff man....sounds like this rod is a candidate for a rear weighting system.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:25 pm

I threw a 4 oz Savage Gear 8" paddle tail trout today. I can confirm that it can throw it. I don't care to. It's a lot to be casting on such a short rod and really wears your wrist out. I did have some fun testing out the Lexa's ability to skip. Yes, it can skip a 4 oz paddle tail. I did get one 5-6 lb fish on a 5" 2 oz Savage Gear 3D Bluegill. It was swimming it over an isolated weed bed and WHAM my bluegill was slammed and stopped dead. Vicious strike. Only two bites on with the rod so far throwing Savage Gear soft swimbaits but both fish hooked up and were in the 6 pound range. Good fun.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:48 pm

I threw a 4 3/4 ounce 8" Pulse Tail Trout on the rod and it handled it fine. It's a 7'2" Hudd stick. What a monster of a little rod.