Evergreen's Latest Specialty Stick, the RCSC-78XH Wakebait

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:27 am

Introduction: Evergreen International debuted their Brett Hite Combat Stick series of rods to North American anglers during the 2017 Bass Master Classic event in Lake Conroe, Texas. Since that initial introduction, they've slowly refined and built out series to include thirteen (13) application specific rods. At ICAST 2018, the manufacturer introduced two sticks of specific interest given the current trajectory popular interest in bass fishing of late - swimbait sticks. Of those two models, one suits our focus for 2021 perfectly. Here's our look at Evergreen International's Brett Hite Combat Stick RCSC-78XH Wakebait.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewevergre ... c78xh.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Evergreen's Latest Specialty Stick, the RCSC-78XH Wakebait

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 am

Cal wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:27 am

Introduction: Evergreen International debuted their Brett Hite Combat Stick series of rods to North American anglers during the 2017 Bass Master Classic event in Lake Conroe, Texas. Since that initial introduction, they've slowly refined and built out series to include thirteen (13) application specific rods. At ICAST 2018, the manufacturer introduced two sticks of specific interest given the current trajectory popular interest in bass fishing of late - swimbait sticks. Of those two models, one suits our focus for 2021 perfectly. Here's our look at Evergreen International's Brett Hite Combat Stick RCSC-78XH Wakebait.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewevergre ... c78xh.html
How would this do as a punching and swimbait stick? I saw the deflection matches up well with the flipping stick average on the rod deflection chart. I'm looking for a swimbait and punching stick rated for up to 4 oz for punching with 1 oz, throwing rats and heavier frogs. This stick also sounds real similar to the Valkaryie 76XH.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:17 pm

it is a swimbait stick.. big wakebaits are swimbaits... this is why i usually refer to swimbaits as "big baits"

The taper is fine for punching but the rear handle is a bit long and I'm not sure the sensitivity is there unless you're using braid.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Cal wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:17 pm
it is a swimbait stick.. big wakebaits are swimbaits... this is why i usually refer to swimbaits as "big baits"

The taper is fine for punching but the rear handle is a bit long and I'm not sure the sensitivity is there unless you're using braid.
I'll be using braid for punching. The handle does concern me but at 14" it's only 1.5" longer than the Bub's Punch Stick at 12.5". I like the idea of a versatile stick I can punch with 1oz max and frog with braid then drop in a deep spool with big mono for big baits all out of the kayak in a single stick.
I've been eying the Valkaryie 76XH foe this with the adjustable handle but that thing is $499. Whatever I get, when it's not in the yak punching and crawling rats it can also see duty with deep mag cranks and A rigs along side a SB Super Destruction