TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: The Highest Example – The Edge Epitome Rods from Gary Loomis

Post by MeatHead » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 am

NOLRAMB wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:52 am
Has anybody received shipping information on their pre-orders?
I haven't, but did email them a couple days ago asking when they'd be shipping out as my wife and I just bought a new house so needed to know whether to change my shipping address or not (plus when I ordered it stated 3-5 weeks and has now been over 8). They stated they plan on shipping them out this month, and when asked if it'll be towards the start or end they replied likely towards the end as they're still working on the finishing touches before they mass produce it.

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:41 pm

MeatHead wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 am
NOLRAMB wrote:
I haven't, but did email them a couple days ago asking when they'd be shipping out as my wife and I just bought a new house so needed to know whether to change my shipping address or not (plus when I ordered it stated 3-5 weeks and has now been over 8). They stated they plan on shipping them out this month, and when asked if it'll be towards the start or end they replied likely towards the end as they're still working on the finishing touches before they mass produce it.
I've commented on the Edge facebook posts, emailed them, and messaged them twice on FB Messenger with zero response. I've seen multiple times how their goal was to get those rods out 60 days after preorder, and we are now past that 60 days... at least for me anyways. I don't mind the rods being late, it is what it is, but the last of comms is annoying.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Dan B wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:41 pm
MeatHead wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 am
NOLRAMB wrote:
I've commented on the Edge facebook posts, emailed them, and messaged them twice on FB Messenger with zero response. I've seen multiple times how their goal was to get those rods out 60 days after preorder, and we are now past that 60 days... at least for me anyways. I don't mind the rods being late, it is what it is, but the last of comms is annoying.
Welcome to Edge rods. Their lack of communication and constant pushing beyond expected release/fulfillment dates is why I've never done business with them, and likely never will.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 pm

I'm surprised, they had gotten a lot better about communicating, but if they plan on holding off shipping until all 200 are ordered we've got a while to wait as they are 60 short of the mark.

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:28 pm

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 pm
I'm surprised, they had gotten a lot better about communicating, but if they plan on holding off shipping until all 200 are ordered we've got a while to wait as they are 60 short of the mark.
They've also pushed back the shutoff date for the pre-order multiple times lately. Was end of September at one point, then I got an email stating 10-9, now who knows as they're still available for the pre-order price right now.
I came extremely close to canceling my order and grabbing a Steez from Tackle Trap when they had their recent 30% off sale, but really wanting to try an Edge rod stopped me from doing that. Kind of regret not going that way now.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:27 am

MeatHead wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:28 pm
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 pm
They've also pushed back the shutoff date for the pre-order multiple times lately. Was end of September at one point, then I got an email stating 10-9, now who knows as they're still available for the pre-order price right now.
I came extremely close to canceling my order and grabbing a Steez from Tackle Trap when they had their recent 30% off sale, but really wanting to try an Edge rod stopped me from doing that. Kind of regret not going that way now.
I hope it's worth the wait, I started to cancel the order and buy another trika, I hope it's as good as they claim.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm

Interestingly enough the epitome shows in stock on the website now, anyone have theirs yet?

Smelter96
Angler
Angler

Post by Smelter96 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:32 pm

doomtrprz71 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm
Interestingly enough the epitome shows in stock on the website now, anyone have theirs yet?
Nope, still waiting. I emailed them and they said hopefully by the end of October. Only got a few more days, so I ain't holding my breath

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:30 pm

At least they're responding now :lol:

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:01 pm

Smelter96 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:32 pm
doomtrprz71 wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:17 pm
Nope, still waiting. I emailed them and they said hopefully by the end of October. Only got a few more days, so I ain't holding my breath
🤔 Mine was ordered August 16th and still shows processing and not in production so I aint holding my breath either

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:38 am

Anyone cancel their order yet? I'm on the verge of doing so.
I've yet to receive a response from them, but at least someone has at this point.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:19 am

I ordered a day or two after the pre-orders went live (Aug 6), so I'm expecting to be early in the queue, and I haven't gotten my rod yet.

I'm hanging in there but the delays and radio silence are getting on my nerves. I love my 7'3" LMH rod build on the "old" X-ray blank, so I have a pretty high pain tolerance because I want that upgrade. I can see others not being as patient, and find it understandable.

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:50 am

This is the reply I received this morning after asking for an update on my pre-order from Aug 15th.

I sent them an email this past Friday, so I received a pretty quick response.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221031_101345_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20221031_101345_Gmail.jpg (58.01 KiB) Viewed 2770 times

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:13 am

60 days from ordering was the timeline we were told, that was their goal they kept commenting on Facebook too.
Then end of October... now they telling people November.
I have a feeling we won't be getting these rods any time soon.

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:21 am

Kind of sucks, I was hoping to play around with it before the lakes freeze up, but might not get it in time the way this is looking.

I have some reels I wanted to feel out on it too.
Going to try a Aldebaran 31HG, Metanium Shallow water edition, and a Steez SV CT 70. Thinking 30lb FINS infinite braid or Daiwa J-Braid grand is gonna be the route I go and keep it as versatile and possible.