Fishing Favors the Bold. Trika’s 7 Foot+ Casting Rods

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:10 am

Introduction: Trika launched their brand at the end of last season with a market changing mentality and leveraged their expertise in outdoor hunting products to create what they believe are class leading fishing rods. Chances are you have seen the brand’s bold performance claims when it comes to outperforming competitors retailing for much more in both casting distance and sensitivity and we were eager to see just how these rods would stack up, starting with three of their 7 foot and longer casting rods.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewtrikarodsc75mhf.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Fishing Favors the Bold. Trika’s 7 Foot+ Casting Rods

Post by amso4 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:20 am

Thanks for this review. I purchased the 7'5" MH when if first came out and think it's a remarkable rod. My impressions are mostly in line with those expressed in this review. I think that the sensitivity is incredible, especially fishing deep jigs and Texas rigged ribbon tailed worms. It has replaced my NRX 873C CRR in my lineup. The only thing I don't like is the hook keeper that I will replace with an open type.

It is great to see a new company go up against the fierce competition and create a product that is different and as good or better in its own way. I am considering getting the 7'6" spinning rod to compare with the Conquest 902S.

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Fishing Favors the Bold. Trika’s 7 Foot+ Casting Rods

Post by Drakestar » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:55 pm

For all my concerns and bitching about their advertising practices, I ended up with three of these rods: 7'M" ML, 6'10" M and 7'3" MH. I feel like I have a beat on the first two rods because I've been using them a bunch, but the 7'3" needs more testing. It definitely did feel versatile when I had it out (was throwing chatterbaits but also jigs), interested to read "(stay tuned for Cal's closer look at the C73MHF)" when it's posted.

So far, the 6'10" M has been the rod I don't want to replace, it's really good and versatile (I've thrown blade baits on it and I've also thrown heavier Neds on it). Been using the 7'0" ML for Ned rigs this winter and liked it, but it hasn't removed the temptation of buying a NRX+ NRR. I have a feeling that the 7'3" MH will not replace my trusty old MB Destroyer FMJ as my jig rod, but the versatility seems good.