Trika's Candidate in The Search for One, Their C73MHF

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:30 am

Introduction: Similar to the recent influx of super hero films and limited series, there are now a wide number of available rod manufacturers vying for your tackle box office dollar. But unlike the characters in those films, we don't often hear much about the origin stories of these companies. Trika has been in the edit room working on their debut for at least two full years. With successful roots in archery and crossbow manufacturing, its founders wanted to redirect their attention to another passion of theirs, fishing. Setting out with the goal of delivering some of the best fishing rods on the planet, they leveraged their highly technical approach to deliver a full line of bass fishing rods. Introducing Trika's Search for One candidate, the C73MHF casting rod.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/reviewtrikac73mhf.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Trika's Candidate in The Search for One, Their C73MHF

Post by Drakestar » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:20 am

Nice additional review. I fished this rod a bunch just yesterday, doing an A/B direct comparison to the USDM Destroyer FMJ. I was throwing a 1/2oz Finesse Jig the whole time. Caught a 5.18 LMB on the Trika rod and it handled the fish very well. Water temps are right around 50 here right now, so it wasn't a super lethargic winter fish and I could control it well.

In direct comparison, I liked sensitivity of the FMJ better. The Trika is close, but doesn't transmit scraping sensations over the rock as crisply. I found myself loading up on snags more often with the Trika than the FMJ. I'd use the Trika 7'3" MH for jigs any day of the week if you really asked me to, but it won't replace the FMJ as my primary jig rod.

The Trika rod feels more universal, though. I've thrown underspins and chatterbaits on the FMJ, but don't find it ideal. The Trika rod feels more tailor-made for moving single-hook baits. Might be a good wobblehead rod as well, gonna try that out in the future. (MIght be a bit too light for the technique?)