Forward-Facing Sonar Units and the ‘Harass-A-Bass’ Technique Have Changed Bass Fishing Forever

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forward-Facing Sonar Units and the ‘Harass-A-Bass’ Technique Have Changed Bass Fishing Forever

Post by Cal » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:55 am

Forward by Zander:
The first time I saw live sonar technology was at a media event in Florida back in 2019. The team from Garmin showed us live sonar on a pole placed underneath the side of the boat and we could see the actual shapes of the snook darting in and out of the beam. I remember even being able to see the bait they were chasing and thinking that is really cool, but I didn't fully comprehend just what a game changer this technology would be for bass anglers. That came years later when Garmin Livescope was already being used by professional anglers. I was fishing with Pro Anglers David Mullins and Jeff Gustafson in Florida and watched them fish with their heads down, adjusting their presentations and literally placing baits directly in front of fish, and the amount of fish they were able to see and convert was eye opening. They taught me how to use the technology and forward facing sonar went from a "nice to have" to something I "had to have" on my own boat.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/interviewgary ... sonar.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Forward-Facing Sonar Units and the ‘Harass-A-Bass’ Technique Have Changed Bass Fishing Forever

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:00 am

My buddy has had his Active Target for a while now.

We both stare at it and scratch our heads most of the time.

Is there a good resource to actually learn how to use it properly, and not just the basic functionality?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Forward-Facing Sonar Units and the ‘Harass-A-Bass’ Technique Have Changed Bass Fishing Forever

Post by dragon1 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:40 pm

Wow, insane videos of Josh Jones and this new technology/weapon, like it or not, is here to stay.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."