Fenwick is Back! A First Look at the Completely Refreshed Lineup from Eagle to World Class

TT Reviews - Latest reviews listed and open to member comments
Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fenwick is Back! A First Look at the Completely Refreshed Lineup from Eagle to World Class

Post by Cal » Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:43 am

Introduction: Fenwick is a brand that many of us grew up fishing and was responsible for numerous rod innovations that forever changed bass fishing. As the industry matured many domestic and international rod competitors caught up with, or surpassed, Fenwick’s recent offerings in terms of design, technology, and performance. This coming ICAST Fenwick is looking to rectify this with a complete refresh of their entire lineup, getting back to their legacy of innovation, and re-introducing the brand to both loyal fans and a new generation of anglers.

Complete Article: http://www.tackletour.com/previewfenwickrods2023.html
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fenwick is Back! A First Look at the Completely Refreshed Lineup from Eagle to World Class

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:39 pm

These new World Class rods are the best looking sticks I've seen from Fenwick. Finally, full length grips, and the casting reel seats look super comfortable. I like that they've put more emphasis on the blanks themselves, and appreciate you talking a bit about the sensitivity and feedback you were feeling on the water. Definitely going to grab one of these. When I first became serious about bass fishing, I used Fenwick rods for quite some time before I discovered the dark side.

Lastplacefishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Fenwick is Back! A First Look at the Completely Refreshed Lineup from Eagle to World Class

Post by Lastplacefishing » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:57 pm

I was excited after hearing Justin Poe was working with fenwick and the more recent Fenwick Elite's looked pretty good, but can't say I'm satisfied with this update. As pointed out, I'm a jdm styling type of guy and I just can't get behind the styling direction of the new fenwick. But I am curious to see what they bring as the write up sounds positive and the prices, though at always the case, went up so that "could" mean a good thing. I'm just worried they're gonna pull a purefishing move and basically make the world class - a zenon, $20 less with different components. As for the elite it may just be a cheaper fantasista x... Fingers crossed I'm way wrong.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:50 am

Maybe there is a good reason, but I don't understand why they don't just sell the JDM models in the US.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:12 pm

Lastplacefishing wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:57 pm
I was excited after hearing Justin Poe was working with fenwick and the more recent Fenwick Elite's looked pretty good, but can't say I'm satisfied with this update. As pointed out, I'm a jdm styling type of guy and I just can't get behind the styling direction of the new fenwick. But I am curious to see what they bring as the write up sounds positive and the prices, though at always the case, went up so that "could" mean a good thing. I'm just worried they're gonna pull a purefishing move and basically make the world class - a zenon, $20 less with different components. As for the elite it may just be a cheaper fantasista x... Fingers crossed I'm way wrong.
I could see this happening, good point.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:45 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:12 pm
Lastplacefishing wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:57 pm
I could see this happening, good point.
Agreed
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:16 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:50 am
Maybe there is a good reason, but I don't understand why they don't just sell the JDM models in the US.
Tiemco basically uses the Fenwick name to make rods for the Japanese market...at least I heard.

That would make for some distributor issues.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:22 am

so way back in 1997 my first high end rod was a Fenwick CoFi 57 rod, which was a made in the USA rod along with their Techna AV rods. It was $192 Canadian which at the time was a lot for a rod.

Fenwick released these two rods as sort of their 'come back' models I believe that were made in the USA at a time when all their stuff was being made in China.

both rods were great but the production in the USA didn't last.

I think less than 2 years later both rods were discontinued and production was moved back overseas.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:53 pm

Hulkster wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:22 am
so way back in 1997 my first high end rod was a Fenwick CoFi 57 rod, which was a made in the USA rod along with their Techna AV rods. It was $192 Canadian which at the time was a lot for a rod.

Fenwick released these two rods as sort of their 'come back' models I believe that were made in the USA at a time when all their stuff was being made in China.

both rods were great but the production in the USA didn't last.

I think less than 2 years later both rods were discontinued and production was moved back overseas.
Well, seems like a new chapter has begun. A total redesign with the amount of history and experience could bring some great rods. I guess Zander getting more in depth will give us more insight
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:45 pm

Dang excellent and in-depth review...it's always good to have another quality player in the arena. And a Legendary American brand name at that.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

John2204
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by John2204 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:01 am

Has anyone used one of these? I am looking for feedback on the world class or elite casting rods, especially the 7-8 Elite Swimbait rod