taxidermyfriendly : Feedback Request Topic

Users are invited to begin a thread about themselves requesting feedback from other forum members as reassurance of trustworthiness.

Please provide Buyer/Seller Feedback for this user with your vote... comments are optional

Positive Experience
No votes
Mixed Experience
No votes
Negative Experience
100%

Total votes: 1

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

taxidermyfriendly : Feedback Request Topic

Post by Cal » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:47 am

Please provide Buyer/Seller Feedback for this user with your vote... comments are optional
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: taxidermyfriendly : Feedback Request Topic

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:09 am

This member has contacted me a few times, stating that they have a few items that I posted a wanted thread. Member was brand new at the time. I didn't see any comments or posts from this person. Not sure what to think. Do we know who this person is?

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:56 pm

They sent me a message asking if I was still interested in 6' Loomis casting rods, and provided an email address in case I was, no other details. Kind of similar to some scammers that have been on other fishing forums, they'll send a message regarding a WTB post but only send you their email or a friends email "who isn't on the forum."

Not saying this seller is a scammer, but it seems odd

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:50 pm

I have a very strong inkling this "fellow" is a scammer. Also, DO NOT email him...that is only opening Pandora's Box IMO
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."