Steez compile x rod damage

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
Dar_Dy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Steez compile x rod damage

Post by Dar_Dy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:59 am

I bought my compile x 7'1 from an eBay seller two years ago so I am not the original buyer. Been using the rod until recently I had an accident, dropped my rod with reel attached to the ground and the impact cracked the airbeam reel seat where the reel is attached. The Crack is on both sides of the airbeam reel seat. If I was to secure a reel to the rod, the cracks will just open up.
I would want to ask what my options are, other than the cracked reel seat, rod is in very good condition. I read in another thread here that these rods will still have a lifetime warranty even if I'm not the original owner? And that I should send the rod to the Daiwa facility and Daiwa will help me from there? Is this true? Thanks...

Dar_Dy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Steez compile x rod damage

Post by Dar_Dy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 am

[img]https://%20www.dropbox.com/sc/kaa7eo3wdtxtrr5/unGceGoOQW[/img]

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:24 am

Dar_Dy wrote:I bought my compile x 7'1 from an eBay seller two years ago so I am not the original buyer. Been using the rod until recently I had an accident, dropped my rod with reel attached to the ground and the impact cracked the airbeam reel seat where the reel is attached. The Crack is on both sides of the airbeam reel seat. If I was to secure a reel to the rod, the cracks will just open up.
I would want to ask what my options are, other than the cracked reel seat, rod is in very good condition. I read in another thread here that these rods will still have a lifetime warranty even if I'm not the original owner? And that I should send the rod to the Daiwa facility and Daiwa will help me from there? Is this true? Thanks...
just send it back...daiwa has always taken great care of it's customers.

Dar_Dy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dar_Dy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:25 am

Sorry having problems figuring out how to post pictures. Please click on this link if you wanna see the Cracked air beam reel seat..
https://www.dropbox.com/m/photos#f:2014 ... .17.54.jpg
Last edited by Dar_Dy on Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dar_Dy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dar_Dy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:50 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Dar_Dy wrote:I bought my compile x 7'1 from an eBay seller two years ago so I am not the original buyer. Been using the rod until recently I had an accident, dropped my rod with reel attached to the ground and the impact cracked the airbeam reel seat where the reel is attached. The Crack is on both sides of the airbeam reel seat. If I was to secure a reel to the rod, the cracks will just open up.
I would want to ask what my options are, other than the cracked reel seat, rod is in very good condition. Will these rods will still have a lifetime warranty even if I'm not the original owner? And that I should send the rod to the Daiwa facility and Daiwa will help me from there? Is this true? Thanks...
just send it back...daiwa has always taken great care of it's customers.
This is what confuses me though, I sent an inquiry to Daiwa usa recently from a social network site and this was their reply,

"Darren unfortunately your steez rod will not qualify for replacement. Our warranty policy states that it is a limited lifetime warranty to the original owner of the rod. You would also have to have the receipt and the rod would have to still be in our current line up. Just did not want you to send the rod back and pay shipping charges and then be refused replacement. Sorry."

That's why I was shocked to see the thread by another forumer with a similar problem that Daiwa answered differently. I hope Daiwa support can help me clarify things, thanks.

Daiwa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Daiwa » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:04 am

Our warranty does apply to the original owner of the rods. You can still send the rod into our service department and we can usually replace none warranty rods with a low cost replacement fee. If you are out of the country you will be responsible for shipping and any custom or duty fees or taxes that may apply. Our address is
Daiwa Corporation
11137 Warland Drive
Cypress, Ca 90630