Parts swap question

Questions regarding an existing Daiwa product? Talk directly to an official representative from Daiwa!
RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Parts swap question

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Mon May 12, 2014 1:22 am

Hello,

If you have a moment and want to do some friendly research, I would very much appreciate some help. I am wondering if the drag star and handle from the Lexa 100 would fit the Daiwa Sol. I have several in my collection that I am looking to upgrade.

Also, what length is the handle on the Lexa 100?

Thank you.

Tavery5
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Parts swap question

Post by Tavery5 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 am

I am going to go out on a limb and say that it will fit, but you will need a PX -R cast control cap with that dragstar to fit properly.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:27 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:Hello,

If you have a moment and want to do some friendly research, I would very much appreciate some help. I am wondering if the drag star and handle from the Lexa 100 would fit the Daiwa Sol. I have several in my collection that I am looking to upgrade.

Also, what length is the handle on the Lexa 100?

Thank you.
Lexa 100 handle is approximately 90mm. The ones I got from Tackle Trap are black with one bearing and one bushing under removable knobs. Didn't come with nut our nut cap. Its a nice handle for the cost. The Tatula handle is similar. A bit narrower with different knobs for a few bucks more I think.

DaveJ

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Sat May 17, 2014 8:09 am

Thank you both.

I was unaware the drag star was clicking. As for the handle I want something in the silver to gunmetal color.

I am probably just going to bend the drag star and fit a handle on there. I can't believe the Sol/Alphas do not have clicking parts. I know you can upgrade, but $45 for parts plus $30 for a drag star is a bit much for something more cosmetic than functional. In the end, I just love how the Sol/Alphas palm and cast.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:01 pm

You can convert the Sol to a clicking drag.

http://tackletrap.com/index.php?main_pa ... ts_id=3590

Or you could order a pre-bent Daiwa drag star (about half way down).

http://japantackle.com/Tuning_parts/Tun ... _Daiwa.htm